Argh

katie

I am so jealous of all you ladies who have such cool products at your fingertips and can say such things as "I am going to pick up some LUST on my way back from work/school"
I went to the hairdresser in Toronto this weekend but the closest beauty supply store was too far.sigh.I would have missed my bus back home.My town has an ethnic section at Walmart.It is a complete joke.They have CON shampoo regular,Le Kair and Queen Helene Cholesterol and S curl.That's it.The rest is "black" skin products.I got tired of hearing all these raves so I went into an ordering frenzy online and bought Loreal Nature's Therapy LUST,Hot Oil,and Mega Moisture creme.All three are impossible to find here.
To give an idea how bad it is,the Loreal Smooth Intense line just came to stores about 2 months ago.I have looked high and low for QP Mango Butter,Pantene R&N,WIldgrowth oil with no success.
Of course there are Canadian Brands(UAN,AG) but I haven't read enough reviews on them to buy them like how I know LUST for example is supposed to be amazing.Beauty supply shops do carry most popular salon style brands tho so everything isnt all bad.
But still,I wish I could find stuff as easily as the US women but since I am a student I have no car to go driving with to Toronto.
Does anybody feel like their PJ tendencies are also being supressed against their will due to location?
cry3.gif

I used to live near Toronto and I'd go to Toronto Beauty supply (near the bus station) or Mascoll beauty supply (they have several stores, I went to the small one in scarborough), there are also quite a few BSS in Eglinton west and they have some of the product ranges which are hard to find. I understand your frustration though, I have the same problem in England.

yup! I know what you're saying! Buying online is not an option for me either because once you pay all the duty and stuff you wind up paying waaaay more for the product than you should.

QP Mango Butter I found at BSS in Pickering - I think I paid $11 for it. It was an okay product, smelled lovely, but not worth travelling the nation trying to find. If you see it, pick it up, but don't waste bus tickets/gas trying to find it.

TANGENT
This is what I do now: Make a list of all the much raved about products that sound like something I want to try. Put it in my coat pocket or purse or whatever. If and when I happen to be in a place where I might see the product(s) I know just what I'm looking for. I know too many times I found myself at the mall or wal mart or wherever and happen upon a BSS or salon or whatever selling something that I vaguely remember I wanted to try, but couldn't remember if it was the shampoo, cond. moisturizer or whatever. I write down the exact name so when I'm face with the opportunity, I prepared, LOL...

There are two black beauty supplies where I live. (actually they are 45 minutes away). I have become friendly with the owners, that way I can convince them to bring stuff in. The one beauty supply carries aphogee, QP products, cathy howse stuff (she should have the moisturizer in soon) and a host of other stuff. She has mizani relaxer as well as affirm. It's great. Next time I'm there I will speak to her about Surge Products. So far I've talked to a salon in BC, Canada that will bring in the surge products. That way I won't have to pay shipping and exchange and duty and all that jazz, just shipping from BC. If I can get the beauty supply here to bring it in then I won't have to pay shipping either...woohoo.
clap.gif

But I sure know what you mean about not having products at your fingertips, However I am sure there are many women in the US that have a hard time finding products if they are not close to big centers or do not have a large majority of blacks in their area. However, they do still have the option of ordering online.

You are lucky Nessa, but for living on the prairies where there is not a large majority of black people I count myself lucky for having two, and on the prairies the highway drive to get there is actually nice and relaxing. I go in atleast once a month and make it a special day by going with friends or with my mom and having supper or going shoppiong etc.

I know how you feel. I have given up about searching for products. I have not found Elasta QP Mango Butter yet but I can find a few items in the Elasta Qp line in an asian bss. Pantene R&N will not be sold in Canada, I got that response from Pantene Canada; but if a lot of people email and snail mail the company maybe they will change their minds. Wildgrowth can not be found. I just bought a lot of Nexxus products off of Ebay-Ca,cheaper than ordering from a bss online located in southern ontario. I can find Biolage in the pharmacy and in Loblaws. Loblaw's now carries Aubrey Organics and Jason products. My PJism is minimal here but once I am in NYC, I go on a shopping binge and buy enough products to last at least a year.

[ QUOTE ]
sbg4evr said:
I know how you feel. I have given up about searching for products. I have not found Elasta QP Mango Butter yet but I can find a few items in the Elasta Qp line in an asian bss. Pantene R&N will not be sold in Canada, I got that response from Pantene Canada; but if a lot of people email and snail mail the company maybe they will change their minds. Wildgrowth can not be found. I just bought a lot of Nexxus products off of Ebay-Ca,cheaper than ordering from a bss online located in southern ontario. I can find Biolage in the pharmacy and in Loblaws. Loblaw's now carries Aubrey Organics and Jason products. My PJism is minimal here but once I am in NYC, I go on a shopping binge and buy enough products to last at least a year.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is so lame that they are not planning to stock Pantene R&N.I was wondering for a while when it would come.I also didn't know Wildgrowth Oil wasn't available in Canada.My grocery(Zehr's) sells AUbrey Organics and Jason stuff.

Back