ARGH my hair is rebelling!!!

stormy07

Ok, my hair has gone schizo!!!! It. Will. Not. Lay. Down. At. All. it won't stay smooth! no matter what I do or don't have on it. I've tried my cantu shea butter, my ic lite gel, my qhemet, my pantene hydrating curls, everything! (NOT at the same time) and it just won't behave! I've been co washing every other day, or once a week, I've DC with helene cholsterol and it's still being stubborn! I'm tempted to flatiron it and see what happens...ERGH :wallbash::wallbash:

freaking bipolar hair.....

ok I feel better....rant over..:rolleyes::lachen:

To tame my hair :whip: I put gel on the night before, put a scarf on that section and its nice and smooth in the morning. This won't work if Im trying to smooth and run out of the house..no no. :nono: HTH

Hmm....first of all I totally understand your frustration. It takes some serious heat to straighten my hair and when I wear it natural, I've found tons of conditioner works well (HE Totally Twisted). Maybe another type of deep condish is what you need. I just started using Banana Brulee and when I used it with heat, it works great! It made my hair so soft and managable. Stormy, you almost look like you could be my hair twin, except your hair is thicker. I actually want it to be thick like yours. :drunk: Girl, keep your head up. I'm sure you'll find some advice that will work for you!

Hmm....first of all I totally understand your frustration. It takes some serious heat to straighten my hair and when I wear it natural, I've found tons of conditioner works well (HE Totally Twisted). Maybe another type of deep condish is what you need. I just started using Banana Brulee and when I used it with heat, it works great! It made my hair so soft and managable. Stormy, you almost look like you could be my hair twin, except your hair is thicker. I actually want it to be thick like yours. :drunk: Girl, keep your head up. I'm sure you'll find some advice that will work for you!

lol thanks everyone for the support...even gel by it self won't tame this bipolarness....lol think I need a straight jacket for it...

trace I love your hair!!!!! it's beautiful....my hair actually isn't thick, it's actually pretty fine I just have a TON of it...lol I swear one of these days I'll start a fokti....hmm this banana brulee where do you get it? it sounds yummy to say the least...

Thanks, Stormy! Actually my hair has a lot of damage due to highlighting and heat, so I'm working at getting it healthy. Wow, your hair looks thick but not doubt, it's very pretty! :drunk: A couple of questions: are you having issues when wearing it natural? Do you wear it straight?

Thanks, Stormy! Actually my hair has a lot of damage due to highlighting and heat, so I'm working at getting it healthy. Wow, your hair looks thick but not doubt, it's very pretty! :drunk: A couple of questions: are you having issues when wearing it natural? Do you wear it straight?

thanks :) I'm still working on getting my ends healthy... yeah completely natural....I try to stay away from heat because I notice more breakage and plus it takes me 4 some hours and it reverts within like 2 hours...my avatar is 5 day old flatironed hair....fresh in the morning....it was huge within 5 minutes...trust...lol I usually keep it in a bun or two plaits only wear it loose once in awhile because I swear moisture just vanishes from it...argh. lol my hair doesn't really like oils...heck it doesn't even like when I leave conditioner on it it gets almost chrunchy......I'm telling you...BIPOLAR. :lachen::wallbash: :rolleyes: :perplexed

thanks :) I'm still working on getting my ends healthy... yeah completely natural....I try to stay away from heat because I notice more breakage and plus it takes me 4 some hours and it reverts within like 2 hours...my avatar is 5 day old flatironed hair....fresh in the morning....it was huge within 5 minutes...trust...lol I usually keep it in a bun or two plaits only wear it loose once in awhile because I swear moisture just vanishes from it...argh. lol my hair doesn't really like oils...heck it doesn't even like when I leave conditioner on it it gets almost chrunchy......I'm telling you...BIPOLAR. :lachen::wallbash: :rolleyes: :perplexed

Aww, sorry Stormy - I know your pain. Maybe this will help.... about a month ago I ran across a website where this woman (Teri) talked about her experiences and frustrations with her curly, biracial hair. She also tells you, step-by-step, about the regime she came up with that works for her. I was able to take some of her advice and it made the difference for me. I emailed her and she was nice enough to reply and give me more detailed instructions. Check her out at: www.biracialhair.info. She may have some tips that will be helpful to you as well! :drunk:

I've tried my cantu shea butter, my ic lite gel, my qhemet, my pantene hydrating curls, everything! (NOT at the same time) and it just won't behave! :wallbash::wallbash: .

:curtain:

hehe... why not try it all at once? :grin:

kidding!!!!!

no advice, but i feel your pain. my hair refuses to stay down too. and i'm freakin relaxed! :lachen:

:curtain:

hehe... why not try it all at once? :grin:

kidding!!!!!

no advice, but i feel your pain. my hair refuses to stay down too. and i'm freakin relaxed! :lachen:

:lachen: there's needs to be a new hair product.....straight jackets for schizo hair...... and pookie I am jealous of your product stash!!!! LOL

trace...thanks I read every single darned thing on teri's website....it still didn't work... *sigh* :wallbash: if I could get enough patience I would just put it all into little braids...not twists cuz last time those wouldn't stay in either....lol my hair hates me right now...

Back