are you stuck to his feelings?

hmm i wouldnt attach how i feel to how he reacts ....you may be setting yourself up for a huge dissappoint....im reading why men love b*tches ....this book might have something in it for you

how is your self esteem like?? cause if you are someone who is banking on peoples reactions or perceptions fo you to make you feel good then there is a problem is this only with your bf or other pple like family, boss??

So sad as this may sound, i dont really have any girlfriends that i can talk to about this (except for you ladies of course)

Here's my dilemma...whenever I do stuff for my bf, i do it because i want to see him happy, not really because i really need to be doing that particular thing. For example, when i buy him birthday gifts, its because i want to see him happy and smile. Or even when we kiss, it's because i want to see him react to my body (and i told him this by the way, so this isnt manipulation)

The problem is, when i dont get the reaction i am looking for i get really really sad about it :wallbash:....am i setting myself up for trouble by allowing my satisfaction in our relationship to be tied to his reactions to things i do?

is there anyone else out there that can relate to this? :sad: i really want to know the truth so please be completely honest:crybaby:

I think you can be setting yourself up for dissappointement, because everyone reacts to things differently. I'm kinda animated and dramatic, so when I get gifts, even if I dont like it:look: I do the most...cartwheels, the superman, toe touches, pole vaults, etc. My DH is the opposite (thankfully) but sometimes from his reaction, I cant tell if he likes certain things. I can usually gauge his interest later - when he wears the outfit I bought or when he asks me to cook a certain meal that I made. Then I can tell. So you just need to understand how your SO expresses his emotions.

As for kissing him to get a reaction...I hope you are also doing it because you get some kind of pleasure out of it too. :yep:

I am glad that you asked this question. I do this also and am sad, sometimes to the point of tears, when he doesn't react the way that I want him to.

how is your self esteem like?? cause if you are someone who is banking on peoples reactions or perceptions fo you to make you feel good then there is a problem is this only with your bf or other pple like family, boss??

that's why its really weirding me out that i am like that towards him. For the most part, i dont really care what people do/think/say about me. So i know its not a self esteem issue. :nono:

I think you can be setting yourself up for dissappointement, because everyone reacts to things differently. I'm kinda animated and dramatic, so when I get gifts, even if I dont like it:look: I do the most...cartwheels, the superman, toe touches, pole vaults, etc. My DH is the opposite (thankfully) but sometimes from his reaction, I cant tell if he likes certain things. I can usually gauge his interest later - when he wears the outfit I bought or when he asks me to cook a certain meal that I made. Then I can tell. So you just need to understand how your SO expresses his emotions.

as i was reading that, i thought uve been hiding in my closet watching me and my bf relate :lachen:...this is exactly how i am too...when he sends me stuff or buys me things, i go nuts...screaming...jumping..dancing everything...

I guess that's why i feel bad when i am bursting with excitement about something i got him, and then he just says a mellow thank you. I think id take your approach though--I should just watch him and learn to understand how he reacts to stuff...thank you so much :drunk:

Last edited:
Back