Are you sealing...

nisha2004

Hey guys quick question...for those that rollerset...are you sealing your hair w/ an oil? Or are you just applying your leavin in/setting lotion and rolling. TIA

I usually set with diluted elucence mb and lacio lacio. I have tried in the past to seal with oils, but it seems to have no effect for me. I am going to start trying with coconut oil or castor, because for me the other oils, just get lost in the leave ins and water.

yup, i always seal with castor oil. that is the most important step in getting a successful rollerset for me. a matter of fact, i've applied ONLY castor oil to my wet hair and the rollerset still comes out great, i guess it just sealed in the water!

No oil or setting lotion for me. I tried once and my hair was so weighed-down. I just use my Giovanni Direct, and I keep a spray bottle of water by my side to rewet. For me, less is more. I hate a weighed-down set. It is such a waste of time. All the effort I put in, it better be bouncin' and behavin' when I am done! :lachen:

I use the Phyto 7 leave in and then seal with oil. I like the camellia oil because it is so light and does not weigh down my hair. I really like castor oil, but I use it on the ends of my hair before I put it up in a bun or twist. I also use castor oil kind of like gel because it's so heavy - a few drops, smooth over egdes all around and - tada - no flyaway, sticking up edges for me.

When I use to rollerset, i would apply leave-in only, rollerset, air dry and then seal with oil after removing rollers. If I put oil before rollersetting, my hair would take almost twice as long to dry.

Even now that I air dry loose, I still avoid oils (except on my ends) until my hair is about 60% dry before sealing, otherwise, it just takes too dang long . . .

I wash, then deep condition, rinse that out, apply moisturizer, and seal with oil, and then I rollerset:fairy:

When I use to rollerset, i would apply leave-in only, rollerset, air dry and then seal with oil after removing rollers. If I put oil before rollersetting, my hair would take almost twice as long to dry.

Even now that I air dry loose, I still avoid oils (except on my ends) until my hair is about 60% dry before sealing, otherwise, it just takes too dang long . . .

I totally agree with this. I apply oil to the ends after removing the rollers.

If i use oils when i rollerset my hair doesnt come out light & bouncy. So i seal with Keracare Silken Seal. Gives good slip while you run the comb thru your hair, shine, body & bounce. :lick:

Unfortunately, this does not work for my hair. I just use a creamy leave-in, like Salerm 21 for at home roller sets.

I've had good results setting my hair with the Lacio Lacio and water, then once it's rolled up, I spray lightly with an oil sheen, then dry.

In the past I never sealed, now that I have fresh ends (gotta a trim) I will incorporate this into my regimen. I just bought Joico Split End Mender. I will use this on wash day after I apply giovanni direct leave in. On the bottle it says it seals & protects :yep: This is exactly what my hair needs.
I tried sealing with castor oil but it was too heavy for my rollersets :nono:

Back