Are You Living 'Plan A' for Your Life?

KiSseS03

I heard a preacher at my Aunt's church speak about this a while back, and my Auntie and I still talk about this to this day.

Lately I've been thinking that I'm not living up to my full potential, I feel like I'm just going with the flow. I'm in my fourth year of University and I'm BORED!!! Honestly, I feel like ever since I left High school I've been following the status quo and going along with what I'm supposed to do, instead of following my dreams.(ie. Good at school= Go to University, Good at subject X= That's my majour, etc...) Now I'm pretty much set up to do this huge research project next year, then it's Grad school or Med School... but I'm not excited about any of it:nono:.

I don't want to live with regret, but I can't help but look back at my High School self and miss that girl!! I was so excited to get out on my own, I used to love to dance and sing and act! I was involved in community events and I was excited about the future!

I know that the fact that my focus has come away from the Lord is biggest reason that I'm feeling this way. I truly believe that God gives us desires and dreams and that he has a plan for our lives. I know that in the past 3+ years I got so caught up in getting the best marks, in boyfriends, parties and all the stuff that was new to me at University that my vision became blurred.

I just really don't know what to do from here (I do know I need to find a church in my new area, and pray about this). I even contemplated leaving school for the year... but I came to my senses since I'm so close. I need some guidance, because atp this oint all I feel is boredom and I want passion and excitement again!!

Who's been here? Any thoughts/words of wisdom or stories welcome :)

I heard a preacher at my Aunt's church speak about this a while back, and my Auntie and I still talk about this to this day.

Lately I've been thinking that I'm not living up to my full potential, I feel like I'm just going with the flow. I'm in my fourth year of University and I'm BORED!!! Honestly, I feel like ever since I left High school I've been following the status quo and going along with what I'm supposed to do, instead of following my dreams.(ie. Good at school= Go to University, Good at subject X= That's my majour, etc...) Now I'm pretty much set up to do this huge research project next year, then it's Grad school or Med School... but I'm not excited about any of it:nono:.

I don't want to live with regret, but I can't help but look back at my High School self and miss that girl!! I was so excited to get out on my own, I used to love to dance and sing and act! I was involved in community events and I was excited about the future!

I know that the fact that my focus has come away from the Lord is biggest reason that I'm feeling this way. I truly believe that God gives us desires and dreams and that he has a plan for our lives. I know that in the past 3+ years I got so caught up in getting the best marks, in boyfriends, parties and all the stuff that was new to me at University that my vision became blurred.

I just really don't know what to do from here (I do know I need to find a church in my new area, and pray about this). I even contemplated leaving school for the year... but I came to my senses since I'm so close. I need some guidance, because atp this oint all I feel is boredom and I want passion and excitement again!!

Who's been here? Any thoughts/words of wisdom or stories welcome :)

I almost had a heart attack :blush: I'm glad you came to your sense... look. You're at a time in your life where you are educating yourself and adding necessary tools to your tool box. You can't hang a picture without a hammer and nails? Take the time to arm yourself with the tools you need to live that 'A' life. Which to me really means having choices..

I pray you continue to have strength during this difficult time.

I almost had a heart attack :blush: I'm glad you came to your sense... look. You're at a time in your life where you are educating yourself and adding necessary tools to your tool box. You can't hang a picture without a hammer and nails? Take the time to arm yourself with the tools you need to live that 'A' life. Which to me really means having choices..

I pray you continue to have strength during this difficult time.

Hahaha... Fran my Mom had the same reaction when I mentioned that to her, I had to laugh it off like I was joking!:lachen:I know how important education is (and how expensive!) so there's no worries there, I'm finishing this!

Back