Are You a Surge 14 User w/Relaxed Hair?

SouthernGirl

If so, have you noticed breakage when using Surge Plus 14 immediately after relaxing? I did my first relaxer since using Surge consistently everyday and noticed more hairs in my comb than usual. /images/graemlins/frown.gif I noticed that it happens only when I wash my hair and during the detangling process. I experimented by shampoo/cond. again and skipping Surge and only using Infusium and WGO and there was very little breakage.

I received more growth than ever using Surge, but I'm wondering if I should be waiting 1 week before/after relaxing before using it? Just curious as to whether or not any of you have experienced this, and what you recommend.

BTW, I posted new pictures in my Hair Journey album that I took after I relaxed.

Thx,

SG

I have stopped using Surge one week before relaxing and didn't start again until 1 week after relaxing. I haven't noticed breakage with Surge at all. As a matter of fact I was Surging 2x daily while wearing braids. Since I'm on the bun challenge I only use Surge at night only on my scalp.

Thanks Simplycee!

I'm thinking I'll stop using the week before and the week after relaxing (which won't be much at all, especially if I continue to stretch out my relaxers). Maybe I was experiencing a little more scalp sensitivity after relaxing and applying Surge directly to my scalp immediately after.

I am relaxed, but I haven't been consistent with mine. I noticed some scalp irritation and have pretty much stopped.

i'm relaxed also. I'm with simplycee I wait 1 week before & 1 week after a retouch before using surge because it's strong w/ great results! allow your hair to "rest" after the chemical.

Thanks Carrie and Carletta /images/graemlins/kiss.gif

ITA with you and Simplycee. I also called the Surge Hotline and they confirmed that you should always wait at least 1 week before and after any chemical process- color or relaxer! Who knew? Thanks ya'll.

SG

Co-signing on not using a week before your retouch. My scalp was so sensitive from the Surge it felt like it was on fire the 1st time I touched up after using it. I didn't chuck it completely becasue it did seem to aid growth but I cut down to once a day (from twice) and stop a week before. I resume using 2-4 days after.

I stop surging the week before and after my relaxer.
I use castor oil on my scalp to protect it from burning.

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="red">Thanks Carrie and Carletta /images/graemlins/kiss.gif

ITA with you and Simplycee. I also called the Surge Hotline and they confirmed that you should always wait at least 1 week before and after any chemical process- color or relaxer! Who knew? Thanks ya'll.

SG</font>

[/ QUOTE ] They should have put that on their packaging! You shouldn't have to find out from having problems, which, led you to contacting /images/graemlins/phone.gif them about it. /images/graemlins/nono.gif

I am relaxed and I use Surge with no breakage; however, I don't use Surge or any protein conditioners within the first two weeks post-relaxer. I haven't had any problem using it pre-relaxer...but I usually don't wash for about a week before, anyway to avoid burning. They really should have put that info on the bottle, though /images/graemlins/nono.gif.

Ahhh... Looks like the consensus is to wait sometime before relaxing and definitely after to prevent shedding. Rookie mistake on my part!!!

BTW, I washed last night and since it's been about a week and 1/2 since my relaxer, I used Surge again and I didn't have much shedding this time. Hopefully I'm over the shedding spell now.

Thanks everyone!

SG

Dang...I relaxed last night and surged this morning...I had no shedding what so ever AND I have color in my hair. PLUS I used Emergence after relaxing and Biotin creme was mixed with my Surge (I am looking for some growth if you did not notice) and I was fine aside form the normal tingle from Biotin creme. U think I over did it? My hair feels soft...I used s curl and vaseline(ends) as well.

[ QUOTE ]
Dang...I relaxed last night and surged this morning...I had no shedding what so ever AND I have color in my hair. PLUS I used Emergence after relaxing and Biotin creme was mixed with my Surge (I am looking for some growth if you did not notice) and I was fine aside form the normal tingle from Biotin creme. U think I over did it? My hair feels soft...I used s curl and vaseline(ends) as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Tonya,

Maybe it doesn't affect your hair the same adverse way, but I would sill wait a while longer just in case /images/graemlins/smile.gif

SG

Back