Are There Any Yters With Short Hair?

sunflora

Flowah Powah
I'm tired of looking at hairstyle tips given by someone with waistlength hair when my hair is barely SL after my last hair cut. The rules do not apply, gravity does not work the same way, and the only hair style I can possibly do with my hair is a bun. Braid outs just stick straight out or float awkwardly.

Where are the style tips for people who don't have like 3 ft of hair? :lol:

I'm tired of looking at hairstyle tips given by someone with waistlength hair when my hair is barely SL after my last hair cut. The rules do not apply, gravity does not work the same way, and the only hair style I can possibly do with my hair is a bun. Braid outs just stick straight out or float awkwardly.

Where are the style tips for people who don't have like 3 ft of hair? :lol:
What's your hair type?

Are you natural? What I’ve done is go on YouTube channels and arrange the videos from old to new so you can see where the person started.

If you’re relaxed, hair principles are basically the same. There’s a ton of threads here on protein/moisture balance, low manipulation & protective styles. That’s all you need.

Are you natural? What I’ve done is go on YouTube channels and arrange the videos from old to new so you can see where the person started.

If you’re relaxed, hair principles are basically the same. There’s a ton of threads here on protein/moisture balance, low manipulation & protective styles. That’s all you need.

I'm natural, and that's where I tend to get lost. YTers with long hair only started uploading once their hair was long, as nobody wanted to see them with short hair (that's how it seems from my experience). I'll probably have to switch up my search parameters a bit.

:lachen:
@RazorEmpress is one, she had super long hair, then she cut it all off and is growing it back out... She has a lot of styling vids with her short hair...

Uhh, Razorempress’ hair is BSL right now, and when did her cut she was past CBL— possibly APL. Unless we are talking unstretched hair, but even then her hair isn’t short at all.

Esther Nelsa (French)
Simply Comfort (but she usually wears a fro)
Natural Me 4c -- her hair wasn't very long and she cut it again
My Natural Sistas -- they're always cutting and doing things with their hair

Uhh, Razorempress’ hair is BSL right now, and when did her cut she was past CBL— possibly APL. Unless we are talking unstretched hair, but even then her hair isn’t short at all.

Now she probably is BSL, but when she did her fresh start video, her hair, unstretched, was touching her neck... I remember her mentioning that her hair couldn't go in a ponytail... I stopped watching her for a while, but, she would pop up on YT TL with vids that would say "braid out with new cut.." or some styling vids with her short hair.... I'm pretty sure they should still be in her videos section.

I'm natural, and that's where I tend to get lost. YTers with long hair only started uploading once their hair was long, as nobody wanted to see them with short hair (that's how it seems from my experience). I'll probably have to switch up my search parameters a bit.

IamTraeh, NaturallyPhilo & A Fashion Designer Blog all have channels that start from a short BC. Also, try searching for “twa” or “big chop” for more short hair videos. “Short natural hair” and “awkward length natural hair” might also work.

Back