Are there any relaxed Ladies with BSL to Mid back who touch up every 3 to 4 months?

BlackHairDiva

I'm curious is it possible to be mid back lenght and touch up the hair each 3 to 4 months???

I got my last touch up Nov 1st 2008. But I hate waiting. Its a hassle.

I'm currently APL...I think I would prefer to get regular touch ups since I would pay more closely attention to my hair and handle the growth better.

Is it a good idea or bad idea? At worst I'm aiming a touch up each 4 months.

Anyone mid back and beyond doing the same?

Re: Are there any relaxed Ladies with BSL to Mid back who touch up every 3 to 4 mon

I relax every 3 months not more than that...I experience breakage and i can't have that!...I think 3-4 months is good enough

Re: Are there any relaxed Ladies with BSL to Mid back who touch up every 3 to 4 mon

I texlax every 3 months and I dont really experience more breakage than normal... I've been shedding a little more lately like I always do during the summertime and anyways I got to fix my anemy because that doesnt help either.

I get retouches every 3 to 4 months.

I usually relax every 3 months, and last time I made it to 4 months. I can't imagine relaxing before 12 weeks.

So you are 11 mo's post? Wow, congrats!

When I started my hair journey I was SL and I reached BSL relaxing every 3 months, sometimes 4, and there may have even been times I relaxed sooner than 3 and I had no adverse effects from it. I'm on a 6 month stretch now, it'll be the longest I've stretched on my journey, after this I'm go back to my regularly scheduled relaxers (every 3 months).

I texlax every 4-5 mos, with no adverse affects. I don't get any breakage and I've been doing it for years!

Sorry to hijack OP's thread, but I have a question for you ladies. How are you managing new growth that far along in your stretch? Are you bunning after a certain point or are you using flatirons/blow dryers to straighten your roots?

Sorry to hijack OP's thread, but I have a question for you ladies. How are you managing new growth that far along in your stretch? Are you bunning after a certain point or are you using flatirons/blow dryers to straighten your roots?

I get my roots blown out.

I retouch every 4 months and i'm bsl. I never experience any breakage.

Thanks everyone I think I will do a touch up every 4 months max. I think I will be able to better take care of my hair and get less trims by this way.

Back