Are there any Natural 4b looking

scarcity21

half wigs out there? I wanna try half wigs but i need sth that will blend with my natural 4b hair....if any one uses one...can u please post pics of the half wig and brand? TIA

Do a search for Cozy. I posted what it looked like on me a couple of times. Wowwigs.com is where I got it from.

I saw a really nice phony puff in the store the other day (that's the only thing I could think of that would be a 'natural looking' half wig) - only 9.99, too. If I wasn't so funny about fake hair, I would have totally gotten it - I'm still hyping myself up to go back and get it. :lachen: I can't remember the brand, but if you have a local big ole wig and weave store, you might want to check them out and see what they have, too..... :yep:

It wasn't Cozy, cuz I would have remembered that from you, Nonie - it was in a silver package, with burgundy/purplish writing....

hairsisters.com has this one called Jamerican Girl (something like that). The color is random but I got it in 1b and I loved it. Everyone thought it was my hair. I wore it with a headband but it matched the front of my hair that I left out.

hairsisters.com has this one called Jamerican Girl (something like that). The color is random but I got it in 1b and I loved it. Everyone thought it was my hair. I wore it with a headband but it matched the front of my hair that I left out.
help I cant find it!!!

Hmm... You know, when I first bought Cozy (the one that ran away and prompted me to buy another) the model they used was this one:
Cozy-vi.jpg

And although this is a poor picture, the puff is the one I'm wearing and I think it was a good match:
ornrowsnoextensionwithCozyPuff-vi.jpg

When I went to buy a new Cozy, that's the model they had--same one you saw--and the puff was more 3C/4A or just 4A-ish (unless I just forgot how it originially looked). And it's hard to tell coz I have a better camera now so I dunno if it's just that the previous image was unclear but looked the same or whether it is true they have changed the puff:
CozyNew-vi.jpg

TwistPonyPuffandSideSweptBangs-vi.jpg

Hmm... You know, when I first bought Cozy (the one that ran away and prompted me to buy another) the model they used was this one:
Cozy-vi.jpg

And although this is a poor picture, the puff is the one I'm wearing and I think it was a good match:
ornrowsnoextensionwithCozyPuff-vi.jpg

When I went to buy a new Cozy, that's the model they had--same one you saw--and the puff was more 3C/4A or just 4A-ish (unless I just forgot how it originially looked). And it's hard to tell coz I have a better camera now so I dunno if it's just that the previous image was unclear but looked the same or whether it is true they have changed the puff:
CozyNew-vi.jpg

TwistPonyPuffandSideSweptBangs-vi.jpg
so are you wearing the newy cozy in the last 3 bottom pics or the same one as in the top pics?
OT...but ur twists look gorgeous, do u part b4 twisting and do u twist dry or wet? TIA Nonie

so are you wearing the newy cozy in the last 3 bottom pics or the same one as in the top pics?
OT...but ur twists look gorgeous, do u part b4 twisting and do u twist dry or wet? TIA Nonie

In the last two pics, I'm wearing the new Cozy. I like it. It's not a perfect match but I don't think it's easy to tell. If you think about it, the part of your hair that will be showing will be smoothed back so it's not like the size of the curls can be compared. People keep telling me they wish I'd wear my hair in a puff more when they see that phony. And then when I wear my real puff again they say they're glad I listened. LOL

I twist my hair dry. The time I wore those twists above I did indeed use a comb to part. Now I only use a comb to the create a part where I will be parting when styling because I have started to think that, no matter how much I try to change my parting, I seem to part in the same area repeatedly in some areas and I think the parts start to become permanent or appear big. So now I just use fingers to pull out the sections I twist without worrying about the parts being straight. After all, I do them small enough that the lines don't really show when the twists fall. What I try to do is overlap them like try to do each twist on the consecutive rows above the spaces of the row before so they fall over them.

Finger-parted twists below (I used a comb to part the front section where you see cornrows, and then down the middle of my head so I can wear pigtails if I choose to):
Twistsoverlap-vi.jpg

Last edited:
In the last two pics, I'm wearing the new Cozy. I like it. It's not a perfect match but I don't think it's easy to tell. If you think about it, the part of your hair that will be showing will be smoothed back so it's not like the size of the curls can be compared. People keep telling me they wish I'd wear my hair in a puff more when they see that phony. And then when I wear my real puff again they say they're glad I listened. LOL

I twist my hair dry. The time I wore those twists above I did indeed use a comb to part. Now I only use a comb to the create a part where I will be parting when styling because I have started to think that, no matter how much I try to change my parting, I seem to part in the same area repeatedly in some areas and I think the parts start to become permanent or appear big. So now I just use fingers to pull out the sections I twist without worrying about the parts being straight. After all, I do them small enough that the lines don't really show when the twists fall. What I try to do is overlap them like try to do each twist on the consecutive rows above the spaces of the row before so they fall over them.

Finger-parted twists below (I used a comb to part the front section where you see cornrows, and then down the middle of my head so I can wear pigtails if I choose to):
Twistsoverlap-vi.jpg
Thank you so much Nonie...I actually forgot I had an afro puff that i had purchased over a year ago in a BSS that I never wore....lol...well i dusted it off yesterday and wore it and got so many compliments...thanks again...i may look into the other weave MSA posted...
It does make sense to only part the front which is gonna be visible...my hair is all different lengths and so sparse...so i dont know if im gonna be wearing my twists out but i love how neat urs looks...i may have my hair all evened out next Christmas tho, when i gain some length so i can wear my twisties out in public.:yep:

here are some pics with the phony afro puff
pic 4 is my tiny pony, fresh out the shower with leavein condish...thats the only way i can get hair in a ponytail without heat!

sorry 4 the 2 different es colors...lol...was testing out my new mac eyeshadows!!!

Attachments

• 100_1023.jpg
    100_1023.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 12
  • 100_1024.jpg
    100_1024.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 100_1027.jpg
    100_1027.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 100_1037.jpg
    100_1037.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Oooh i like it MSA...thanks for the link im thinking about getting it in 1B or 1B/97j...do u have a pic with it on? TIA

You know...I don't have a pic with it on. I need to order another one anyway. When I do, I'll take a picture. I really liked it, I got the 1b. I think hairsisters has a good return policy so you could buy it and return/exchange it if you don't like it.

You know...I don't have a pic with it on. I need to order another one anyway. When I do, I'll take a picture. I really liked it, I got the 1b. I think hairsisters has a good return policy so you could buy it and return/exchange it if you don't like it.

thats good to know...im gonna go ahead and get it...did u use a head band or scarf to cover the demarcation line or was ur own hair enough to camouflage?

That really looks nice, Scarcity!! Hrrrm. I might get one. :ohwell: I don't know. Maybe.
Thanx JustKiya... GO ahead and get it, u may become addicted to wearing it tho...lol
OT but im loving the new avatar...is ur siggy pic u as a youngin'???:grin:

thats good to know...im gonna go ahead and get it...did u use a head band or scarf to cover the demarcation line or was ur own hair enough to camouflage?

I personally don't like to leave hair out because then it's not being protected. I bought like a yard of black silk from a store and I just cut that up to make head bands as needed. That was good enough to disguise where the wig started, especially after I took the combs out and just used bobby pins. Which is much better for your hair btw. Those combs can really cause some breakage if you're not careful.

I personally don't like to leave hair out because then it's not being protected. I bought like a yard of black silk from a store and I just cut that up to make head bands as needed. That was good enough to disguise where the wig started, especially after I took the combs out and just used bobby pins. Which is much better for your hair btw. Those combs can really cause some breakage if you're not careful.

Thanks so much for ur help msa...ill use a silk scarf or headband then.

Back