Are Ponytails still in style?

lady_godiva

I am doing the crown and glory challenge, but want to give my hair a week's rest because my hair was braided so tightly the last time. I want to do a pony tail or a bun. I was wondering if they were still in style. A relative told me not the kind where your hair is gelled back. Please give me some advice on this. I get my hair done tomorrow.

of course they are....they really never go out of style.....especially not buns....you dont have to do the plain ol bun you can really be creative and do a fancy bun if it helps.....

For me they are. ;) Ponytails and buns are my protective styles and I'm starting to wear them more this summer. To me, the ponytail (depending on how it's done) is a classic look. Though there are ways of doing the ponytail that can make it more modern or dated (ponytail with a pompadour vs. a side ponytail with scrunchies).

Buns, Ponytails and Whatever Name they may be called in the Future and were Called in the Past: Are Classics! They Never Go Out of Style.:perplexed

Just Like Pearls and The Little Black Dress. They are Here for All Eternity.:lachen:

Thanks ladies. I feel better now. Then I thought - in style or not I have got to protect my hair. I got a cute one. I will post a picture, now that I have a new phone.

I love me some Hair in a bag, even though right now I am wearing My own hair in an EZ comb with curls, don't want any hair touching my back in the summer.!

There are ways to make them modern if thats what you want like the hump, to the side, and/or cute hair flowers. To me they will never go out of style.....

I used to hate ponytails, but there are so many ways to make them look elegant. You can put a flower in your hair, headband, bump-its, side ponutail, French braided ponytail, donut bun, etc. If you do buns you can buy accessories, put in some cute chopsticks, etc. Youtube is a great place for tutorials.

Back