Are Miss Jessie's Curly Cremes mostly for naturals?

isawstars

I know the website promotes products for texlaxed/texturized and relaxed ladies...but do naturals benefit the most from the cremes? I used the curly meringue when I was relaxed to do a braid out... and I did not get any curl/wave and my hair was mushy. I want to give it another try now that I'm texlaxed, but I'm afraid to because it's so expensive!

Opinions?

I'd say keep your $$$$. The site says the meringue is for transitioners/relaxed heads for braidouts, twistout, etc. But it's going to depend on how much curl you have left in your hair after the texlax. What does your wet hair look like with conditioner on it? More than likely that's about the amount of curl you're going to get. Personally, I didn't even get that with the pudding. I didn't get good curl definition from any of the products as a natural. I would imagine I'd get even less if I was texlaxed or relaxed. I 've used the meringue for braidouts before but that's it. Since you are texlaxed you could probably use a setting lotion or leave in for a braid out or twist out. Or the fantasia gel. Have you tried that? Or maybe you can get the Miss Jessie's Sampler Pak so you can try them out before spending too much $$. HTH...

I would not use it if I were relaxed. I good really good definition from the merigne... but I am completely natural.

When I am pressed I sometimes put a tiny amount of babybuttercreme on my ends prior to wrapping - but that is only because I have it on hand from my daughters stash.

Put it this way, it will only enhance what you have. If your hair is more on the straightish side, you will most likely end up with goo covered frizz or ramen noodle looking hair. Cause prior to cutting off my damaged ends, curly puddings or cremes really made those straighter ends stand out.

I am texturized and both the curly meringue and curly pudding define my curls. I think the curly meringue leaves the hair softer and has a nicer smell.

miss jessies is buy one get one free this month, so if you do get come you get two for the price of one and it will give you a chance to try two different products for the price of one. I tried all of Miss jessies products when I was natural and it did absolutely nothing for me hair. i am now texlaxed and have not used the products again, but wil try and let you know.

I used Miss Jessie when I was relaxed and that's one of the ways I transitioned but my relaxed hair was very curly ("texlax"). I did notice it made my hair dry after several uses. I switched to Curls products due to the dryness.

As a natural I don't use Miss jessie or Curls however I would use Curls Milkshake again.

If you are texlax, I would just try cheap leave in conditioner first. If you feel the need to spend money, I would try Curls products over Miss Jessie. However, there must be a curl pattern already present in your hair these products enhance your curl not create a curl.

Back