Are 'lemonade Braids' Appropriate For The Corporate World?

There it is!!! What's more important... moving up or temporary hairstyle choice that you have no way of knowing how it'll affect their perception which does affect your mobility in that company?

I heard this advice all the time and realized that some people really, truly are not meant for certain things in life. I don't know who's into astrology or "Personology" but when I first explored my birthdate, I was immediately drawn to "Color, cloth and cut are important to May 16 people, and the way they dress can have a significant effect on both their mood and behavior...If those born on this day can develop their own style and truly individual form of expression, they will be successful and happy."

That's me, 100%. I cannot dress or style myself in a way that might lead to a promotion if it isn't me. I just can't. I'll be depressed. ****, I think I'm lucky that I enjoy girly stuff and professional clothing because I might really be up the creek if that wasn't my personal taste.

OP, I'm sure you're not like me if you're in a legal org so I'm assuming your soul is not crushed by your decision. :laugh:

yea, I don't straighten anymore unless imma do a deep cut. Otherwise it's natural and, professionally, my 4c Twistout, braidouts and rolls don't interfere with my upward mobility.

I'm STEM.

Mind you I'm the person that argues with my mama when she says I need to do something with my hair meaning straighten it... I've told her there are different types of professional styles besides straight hair, and I certainly do more than wear my hair straightened.

Back