Are I the only one that can't wrap hair

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
Are I the only one that can\'t wrap hair

I tried doing a doobie this morning after taking my hair out of roller. One side looks good and straigth the other side is kind of puffy (I think that is the work that i am looking for). I have short (ear lenght), relaxed 4a/b hair. What am I doing wrong. I was trying to not have so much curl but a little bounce. Maybe it is the brush or methods. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Are I the only one that can\'t wrap hair

It takes practice so be patience.....for me, I use a paddle brush and I start from the back, that seems to help decrease the amount of times I have to go 'round my head ( fewer times the better ). I also find that a soft fuller bristled brush helps to smooth the hair down at the end.

I put few pins then tie it up.

[ QUOTE ]
I use a paddle brush and I start from the back, that seems to help decrease the amount of times I have to go 'round my head

[/ QUOTE ]
maybe i should give that a try,i'm never pleased with the way my hair looks after i wrapped.
nono.gif

I never could wrap my hair when I was relaxed. My hair was too thick and had a mind of its own.

It takes patience, I had tried wrapping for months before I got it down. I start with a diagonal part on one side and then brush. You could use clips to hold hair in place while brushing. Also, you can lay one hand on the crown of your head while wrapping (I still to this day have a problem with wrapping the crown area). Just practice to see what works for you
smile.gif

Also check out kking's picturetrail album. I feel funny providing a link to someone else's album... Do a member search and it'll come up.
smile.gif
My aunt couldn't wrap her hair worth a darn until I directed her to the album. She said the people at her job were all up in kking's album and practicing on each other!
laugh.gif

Thanks ladies, I will check it out. I think I have figured out the problem, it's not in me wrapping my hair it is in me combing it out. One side and the back is smooth like it should be but one side is puffy so I must be combing wrong or using the one comb.

Back