Are Growth Aids Helping My Edges? Pics!

Moroni

After my last relaxer on November 9, I noticed that my edges appeared bare. It was as if the hair was washed off with the relaxer! I've used MN, a modified MTG mix, mustard oil, coconut oil.....almost everything I could get locally that has been mentioned on the board as a growth aid. Can you tell they're working?

The pics on the left were taken on Dec 6, the ones on the right were taken today

Attachments

• Edges Comparison.jpg
    Edges Comparison.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 285
Thanks, ladies. With this much progress in just 12 days, I think by the 12-week relaxer stretch, they will have come back close to the original thickness. Then I'm doing my first self-relaxer as a member of LHCF!!

Wow, that was fast! Good job!

So what exactly have you been doing? Dh has been trying to fill in his temple area and I would love to know what you're doing to get such fast results

Thanks, ladies. With this much progress in just 12 days, I think by the 12-week relaxer stretch, they will have come back close to the original thickness. Then I'm doing my first self-relaxer as a member of LHCF!!

Wow, that's only 12 days?
That's some great progress! It looks good. Now that you see that it helps your hairline, are you using it on other areas of your head as well?

BB

Wow, that was fast! Good job!

So what exactly have you been doing? Dh has been trying to fill in his temple area and I would love to know what you're doing to get such fast results

Tiffers, I use the MN mixture 1X/wk, MTG mix 1X/wk, mustard oil mixed with shea butter 1X/wk. I put the growth aid on at night, and co-wash it the next day. I co wash at least 3 times per week. There's hardly a night that I don't use something. I've been so desperately trying to get serious growth, though, that I'm combining everything. Not too scientific, so I can't give the credit to one specific thing. Sorry about that.....gotta grow! If I'd had a problem with something, then I would have to cut out everything and go one at a time, but this is working, so I'll keep it up until I can't stand it any longer! :lachen:

Wow, that's only 12 days?
That's some great progress! It looks good. Now that you see that it helps your hairline, are you using it on other areas of your head as well?

BB

You bet I am, and the thing is....I'll be 6 weeks post on Friday, and I already have so much NG, I don't know how I'm going to stretch 6 more weeks. I'm looking into carmel treatments and coconut/lime. It's a good problem to have, though.

Yes mam!!! What have you been using the most? The progress is excellent.

I can't give any one thing the credit, Mama. I've used MN and MTG modified mix sparingly, though. Heck, it seems like whatever I'm doing, it ends up being only once a week, though, because I'm doing something different every night. I've also started kelp, biotin, and my glyconutrients, so I'm not going to stop anything I'm doing until everything stops working! :lachen:

Thanks, ladies! I feel guilty because I'm unable to specifically say WHICH aid caused the most growth. I think it's ALL working, though! I'm going take picks every 2 weeks to keep track of the progress.

Girl, u betta gone 'head!!.... 12 days!! :blush::shocked::shocked::shocked::blush: (I'm just thinking how fast and how much my hair will grow with your procedure :scratchch:scratchch......but I'm so inconsistent [if that's a word] :rolleyes::wallbash:)

R u relaxed?

I've heard that mustard oil is NO JOKE!! You get it from the Indian/Pakistani markets. Most of these oils seems to work for growth:

Mustard
Alma
Olive Oil
Coconut
Shikakai (cleansing the scalp)
Aritha (cleansing and softening)
Mahabhringraj (one day I'll learn to spell this right)
Bhringraj
Keshvarhini (again, I'll learn to spell right someday)

I'm noticing that Indians have bomb hair & hair products! :yep:

And so bummed that I don't know where an Indian store is in Pasadena/Los Angeles, CA :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: .......it'll be the new Sally's for me (if I find one) :yep:

I've heard that mustard oil is NO JOKE!! You get it from the Indian/Pakistani markets. Most of these oils seems to work for growth:

Mustard
Alma
Olive Oil
Coconut
Shikakai (cleansing the scalp)
Aritha (cleansing and softening)
Mahabhringraj (one day I'll learn to spell this right)
Bhringraj
Keshvarhini (again, I'll learn to spell right someday)

Back