Are EBAY products reliable? What are your experiences?

willie525

I'm thinking about buying some Aveda products off Ebay. The prices are so much better! Do you think they are the real thing? I've heard sometimes people water down the products...

What are your experiences?

I have purchased many products from ebay and had no problem.

I did get an 8 oz bottle of Aveda USC and I called Aveda and they told me they discontinued that size a while ago and that it may be past its shelf life. PLEASE - My BF and I are both using that bad boy and it is great just like a fresh tube from the store.

I have also gotten 1/2 gallons on Kenra Clarifying shampoo from Ebay at really great prices.

I just recently bought some Mizani off eBay and it worked brilliantly! Now granted I have not tried it before to compare, I'm VERY satisfied!

I am an Ebay fanatic!

I have purchased Phyto, & Aveda products from there, as well as flat/curling irons, etc.

I have never had a problem (thus far).

I get stuff from Ebay all the time. I haven't had a problem with anything. Most recently, I got a liter size of the Aveda DR conditioner (:thumbsup: ) and AlfaParf Semi Di Lino shampoo, conditoner and gloss (:love: ). I have never had a problem with any products I have gotten. Just make sure you read the description carefully.

i buy from ebay a lot. normally, everything goes fine, but once in awhile there will be tha seller that isn't too good (like this girl who didn't send my $200 coach bag!!! i'm filing a claim rght now). just check their feedback. that usually tells a lot about the sellers previous performance. in terms of them being the real product... you might want to ask what their sources are... i mean, you never know..

Last edited:
I have lightened my stash by selling a few of my higher end products on there and no one has ever given me negative feedback about them. Check the feedback carefully, thoroughly.

That's probably where I'll get the stand hair dryer that I have been wanting.

Yeah, I'm trying to get a set of Aveda DR poo and con liters for under 60.00 total, if possible. I'm working on it ...

I'm waiting for Ebay products to arrive right now. I've never had a problem and I've been ordering products through Ebay for a few years. I only order from sellers who have a lot of positive feedback.

I haven't really had problems with ordering (non-hair products) from ebay in the past.

But, I did order some Nature's Blessings Hair Pomade and some more Avon True Porefection Cleansers from ebay on Thursday. Hopefully they arrive in tip-top condition.

I love getting products off of ebay: but I make sure to compare prices before I purchase anything: Chi is cheaper on folicia.com then any other place: I believe Chi Silk Infusion, maxiglides, etc are expensive on ebay than any other place known to me. Thats where I get all my AMLA OIL...I have like 5 bottles in storage.....ebay is my pjism cuz I can find anything

Back