Are Dominican Shampoos really harsh???

lovechic

I haven't used any Dominican Shampoos ever, Not even in my PJ days! I heard that alot of them are drying/harsh! Is that true? Well, tell me what you think from your experience with them! Thanks!

The Caplio Cinnamon Shampoo & Rinse makes my hair soft and shiny! The whale sperm stuff works ok too! I haven't had a bad experience yet.

But keeping an open mind for those who have ;)

I've sid it before, and I will repeat it. Watch the ingredient list. My Silicon Mix shampoo had formaldehyde in it. I tried it once and it was drying. When I found out what formaldehyde is I canned that stuff.

I have only tried Salerm protein shampoo and it wasn't harsh at all. However, it contains sodium laureth sulfate and a whole bunch of parabens.:( By the way is this shampoo considered Dominican?:)

JamericanGurl said:
The Caplio Cinnamon Shampoo & Rinse makes my hair soft and shiny! The whale sperm stuff works ok too! I haven't had a bad experience yet.

But keeping an open mind for those who have ;)

Uh................whale sperm???????????????

I have and use the Capilo Honey & Milk, Silk Protein, and the Avacodo shampoos, they have not harmed my hair but have left it soft, shiny, and moisturized( the avacodo and honey & milk). They do contain Sodium Laurl Sulfate, but I read on the WHole Foods web site that it is a cleaning agent and that it is dilluted to be used properly depending on what it used for; ex: the strength that SLS is used for in detergents is totally different to the strength used for shampoo, etc. The formaldehyde I will stay away from.

Queenie said:
Nacidit Olive Oil shampoo is really gentle. I love it. :)

I recently went to buy another bottle of this and the formula has been changed. :mad: Now, one of the main ingredients is SLS. I hate it when companies do this. I thought that something was up because the bottle looked different. :ohwell:

I will be trying some other shampoos when the old bottle is finished.

melodee said:
I've sid it before, and I will repeat it. Watch the ingredient list. My Silicon Mix shampoo had formaldehyde in it. I tried it once and it was drying. When I found out what formaldehyde is I canned that stuff.

I had the exact same experience with this shampoo!

I bought the Silicon Mix shampoo and it was too harsh for my fine hair and left it hard and dry. Needless to say I'm going to throw it out.

Back