April No/low Buy Challenge

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
It's that time again...

Let's save some money and work with what we have for the next 30 days.

To join like this post and comment either No Buy or Low Buy

You know your budget and your strengths/weaknesses, so I won't put a cap on the low buyers.

No buyers are allowed 1 pass in April. There will be exceptions made for emergencies or setbacks.

Let's get this party started:dance7:

I'm in for a no buy. I never go overboard with hair products, I'm down to only stocking up once a twice a year...so I'm good for a while in that area.

But I showed my entire :moon: buying body care and clothes in March. I must admit it did feel kinda good since my body care items were running low :naughtycouch:Especially trying new lines and finding good sales. Hee hee! Playtime is over though. I have books to buy for school and baby items for this new addition. So I'll be joining in on the no buy threads for a minute!

I caught the flu and have been in no mood for shopping for anything. So I'm still good right now.

Last edited:
I caught the flu and have been in no mood for shopping for anything. So I'm still good right now.
Okay House of Beauty was having a 20% sale with free shipping over $50 so I just bought 2 - 16.9 oz jars of Joico Moisture Recovery Balm and 1 - 16 oz bottle of Joico Moisture Recovery Shampoo.

I have been wanting these for almost a year so it was time to get it with such a great deal. I spent $55.08. I can rest for the remainder of the month for now but I still have $44 I can still spend this month.

I think the only products I need to re-up on this month is CHI Argon Oil and Moroccan Oil Glimmer Shine. That's two out of my 4 low buy....I can do this!!!

Good luck everybody!!! Only 27 days to go. :pulpdance:
Same to you @charmtreese. Like you I got a couple things I've wanted for a long time now. I believe the Joico Moisture Recovery Balm will help my hair a lot so I'm glad I got it :yep:

Okay Ladies I think I reached the end of my hair product expenditures for this month.

I just bought a wonderful hot head and satin bonnet from the www.thehoneycombbrand.com at 40% off using code FAB40. I really needed those caps but was waiting on a good sale and this one was perfect. I hated paying full price for these and that's why my current caps are starting to show wear and tear. Now I have some new ones coming - I'm so excited :happydance:

Okay Ladies I think I reached the end of my hair product expenditures for this month.

I just bought a wonderful hot head and satin bonnet from the www.thehoneycombbrand.com at 40% off using code FAB40. I really needed those caps but was waiting on a good sale and this one was perfect. I hated paying full price for these and that's why my current caps are starting to show wear and tear. Now I have some new ones coming - I'm so excited :happydance:

Ummm...ma'am, did you really just post a discount code in a low/no buy thread? :badgirl:

@Prettymetty, because of @Aggie I may have to up my purchases this month from 4 to 6 or 7. However, this is not my fault...

Man, I ain't doing too well. We are a week in and I've already bought:
1. Bekura YAM Nectar x2
2. ORS creamy aloe shampoo
3. Satin covered pillow rollers
4. Black hair rinse
5. After color sealer from Sally

That's it until the hair show in two weeks. The plan is to only buy staples and skin care items. I've decided to only take a set amount of cash so that I'm not tempted to go overboard.

@AgeinATL

I saw that small sale at Bekurabeauty but it was too small for me to buy the Honey Latte and Body Milks I wanted. I'll wait for a bigger sale from them before I get anything. I need at least 25% off from them. I should still get my body lotions though because it is only a seasonal item from them and by the time they offer the 25% off, it might be off the shelf again :sad:

Back