Apr/May08 Transitioners & Stretchers check in here!

Ivonnovi

Post your Tips or support requests here. In the past I've found it hard to transition, so I thought I'd start a thread here where we who started during the same time-frame can support and encourage each other.

Here's my info, what's yours?
I've posted a pic of my lenght at the start of my stretch, and my starting stretch hairstyle (microtwists).

Last Chemical Treatment: April 21, 08
Starting length: Just below shoulder length
Styling Method: Microtwist with human hair; Scalp massages daily & little to no styling manipulations. And above all no heat.
Cleansing tech: Rinse when needed, wash no sooner than every 10 days
Stretch Goal: 15 Oct, 08
Goal point: Thicker/denser crown; no relaxer till then. Will make full transition decision by 1 Nov (I went for a sisterlocks consultation in Mid-May, the stylist suggested I lay off the perms and see if my crown thickens 'cause it's really thin...so I twisted my hair (sisterlock style) to make it throught the hot summer,)

Attachments

• Fine, loose  wPoof, BraidedBand & NylonTop.jpg
    Fine, loose wPoof, BraidedBand & NylonTop.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 18
  • Picture 92.jpg
    Picture 92.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
I'll do this stretching challenge with you. We both have the same dates for when we last relax.

We can definitely be hair buddies! Normally, my roots get SO hard compared to the relaxed end of my hair. I get breakage and then have to start back from square one...

This time around though I am going to try and be more gently. I was going to cave in and relax at the end of August but we'll see...

Last Chemical Treatment: April 21, 2008
Starting length: SHOULDER length
Styling Method: Bob cut
Cleansing tech: KISS and weekly washes.
Stretch Goal: August 28, 2008
Goal point: Thickness and Length

Last edited:
My last relaxer was on Saint Patty's day 3/17. And my next will be right before my bday which is late August.

I am doing this with a weave, although my crown and edges are out, and this could be a major problem. I can't wait to post pics after this long stretch.I am praying with all of my might that it pays off.

Welcome Fellow stretchers!!!!!

BossLady1 I hope you make it past August!!!!

and

Freshlikemoi, we're eagerly waiting on Pics! And we do hope that their are not major problems with your method.

Good Luck!

Last Chemical Treatment: end ofApril 2008
Starting length: Cheek Length
Current Length: SL or a little past
Styling Method: Wigs 24-7 whenever I go out / NO heat except to dc / during the summer prefer to use a plastic cap for dc for 1 hr
Cleansing tech: Shampoo weekly & Co-wash daily but make sure to thoroughly detangle length and NG 2-3X weekly
Stretch Goal: Transitioning to Natural
Goal point: Thicker, Healthy, Longer hair--want BSL without BC by Dec 2008

Last edited:
Last Chemical Treatment: May 20 '08
Starting length: APL
Styling Method: Buns and cornrows
Cleansing tech: Wash every two or three days
Stretch Goal: 31 Dec '08
Goal point: Thicker crown , work on nape, get closer to MBL

Last Chemical Treatment: 15th april 2008
Starting length: between apl & bsl
Styling Method: all weaved up
Cleansing tech: prepoo-wash (clarify if needed)-dc once a month when its time to take down the weave
Stretch Goal: 1st Nov 2008
Goal point: Thicker hair and more length

Last Chemical Treatment: Dec 12, 2007
Starting length: Was APL, recently trimmed to just past SL
Styling Method: straight, twistouts, buns, roller sets
Cleansing tech: K.I.S; shampoo every 7-10 days w/ DC. Moisturize daily. Steam treatments before any direct heat application (not more than 2x a month)
Stretch Goal: Undetermined
Goal point: longer front, thicker from root to tip, MBL utlimate goal (several yrs from now)

I'm attempting a transition so thanx for starting the thread OP.

Last Chemical Treatment: 3rd May 2008
Starting length: SL
Styling Method: Braiding it up- less manipulation and less frustrating for me as I won't be watching my hair like a hawk
Cleansing tech: Wash and DC with diluted shampoo and con every 2 wks; co-wash in between if needed
Stretch Goal: Undecided
Goal point: Will try to transition as long as possible and see how it goes.

Last Chemical Treatment: March 3, 08
Starting length: Just below APL
Styling Method: Bun/ponytail, I'm undecided as to whether or not I want to get braids/twists since I'm terrified of breakage :ohwell:
Cleansing tech: Cowash daily/every other day.
Stretch Goal: I'm trying to transition to natural.
Goal point: BSL and beyond with an eventual transition to being completely natural.

Extending a "Hearty Welcome" to:
  • Plastic
  • Babybex9
  • FAMUDiva
  • Sequoia
  • Vivez daNs lamouR
I wish you all success.
I made it a point to do a weak texlax 2-3x prior to ensure that when the "transitioning" started I didn't go from Silky straight to kinky.

FAMUDiva as the longest stretcher I have to ask, do you do anything in particular to protect the hair where the natural meets perm?

Last edited:
Last Chemical Treatment: February 2008
Starting length: SL
Styling Method: Cornrows, LOTS of buns, braidouts
Cleansing tech: Wash 1 - 2x per week, co-wash 3x per week
Stretch Goal: I want to completely transition, w/o a BC. I think maybe all my relaxed/texlaxed ends will be gone by Dec/Jan.
Goal point: Nice thick MBL by the end of next year (or extreeeemely close to it :grin:)

Is this thread only for those who started in march/april 08?

If not, like Fam, I'll throw in my 2 cents.

Last Chemical Treatment: April 15 2007
Starting length: Just above bra strap
Styling Method: From months 0-11, I mostly did buns like in my avatar. From 11-current, I do phony pony's and half wigs. I have applied heat maybe 5 times in the last 14 months.
Cleansing tech: I wash with herbal essence 2 in 1 shampoo about once a week. Since I use gel on my hair often, I do clarify every two weeks with a cheapie shampoo, but immediately condition with Motions CPR afterwards.
Stretch Goal: no stretch goal..will look at bcing when I hit the 18 month mark.
Goal point: Healthy natural hair.:)

Let's share our progress or update our status!

Status: 12 weeks post relaxer AND starting month 2 with my twists

Progress/Update/Tips: I'm doing my edges regularly (every weekend' cause of wearing a tight ponytail everyday) to keep my wandering coils in check. And as I type this I'm baggying the length of the hair.

My twists were done with human hair and I just found some tips for caring for the twists, my hair, and scalp. Thanks to: SamanthaJones67 here's the link to some information she shares here. http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?p=5025787#post5025787 (I'll do 1 & 5 this weekend)
Later I'll post a pic of my hair/maintenace style.

Fellow STRETCHER Here!

Current Status: 8 Weeks post

Last Chemical Treatment: May 14th '08
Starting length: Neck Length
Styling Method: Rollersets, pinups
Cleansing tech: Co-wash twice weekly, DC on every wash
Stretch Goal: Shooting for 5 months stretch this time (Halloween Maybe)
Goal point: Full Shoulder length, healthy hair and full regrowth of left edges.
Challenges: Gettin' ready to start my own Mega Tek Challenge!

Update:

I'm 5 months post, I've been wearing braidouts, updos, and buns. My reggie has been tweaked (see my siggy) and my hair is soooo thick (and I love it!).

Last Chemical Treatment: Sept./Oct. '07
Starting length: a lil past shoulder length
Styling Method: Wigs,Cornrows and Weaves
Cleansing tech: Wash once a week and DC once a week
Stretch Goal: Not sure if this is just a stretch or i will transition:ohwell: I just want healthy hair right now.
Challenges: MTG challenge

Back