Approaching 12 weeks and need help!

Divake22

Well, I made an appointment for a touch-up on Saturday. I tried my Cassia henna on Monday. Didn't really see much shine, but my hair felt stronger. On Tues, I noticed some matting/tangling. I decided to wash and try the Emergencia. When I combed, some major breakage happened, like 10 hairs at once in one spot.

Now, I deep conditioned with protein (UBH and IC) twice week and Henna'd on Monday. Do I need a reconstructor after my touch-up on Saturday? More clarifying--I have Neutrogena anti-residue? Or is my hair is trying to hold up during the stretch? Last time I stretched to 8-9 wks--and the entire back of my head broke off (I had color, blow-dried 2x wk and tight scrunci bun clip were the culprits). So, I am really proud of my hair for holding up this long--and yes, I have most of my hair still.

Your thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Well I have never tried henna, but I do hear that it does have a drying effect on the hair. When stretching you should concentrate on moisture and try to use products that have a smoothing effect on your hair. I like to use the PM Super Skinny line. Basically you are using too much protein and not enough moisture. If I were you I would hold up on the relaxer until you restore moisture.

Thanks for your response Kacie.

Hmmm....really, interesting. So moisturizing daily isn't enough?

It sounds like you need more moisture since a lot of the things you're doing are protein related. PM Sistaslick or I'm sure if she sees this thread she'll respond.

Henna was drying for me. I loved the results but I have to deep condition big time with moisturizing conditioner afterwards.

I was going to suggest a deep conditioning treatment with moisture. You have used alot of protein this week and the moisture will help put your hair back in balance. You could also try a conditioner wash. Hope this helps. :)

p.s. I am in Japan too!! :)

I was going to suggest a deep conditioning treatment with moisture. You have used alot of protein this week and the moisture will help put your hair back in balance. You could also try a conditioner wash. Hope this helps. :)

p.s. I am in Japan too!! :)

Actually, not there yet...will be in 2wks! Cool!

I also use Silcon mix after I deep condition. Maybe I am doing too much all at once?

Actually, not there yet...will be in 2wks! Cool!

I also use Silcon mix after I deep condition. Maybe I am doing too much all at once?

Silicon Mix is really moisturizing. Maybe try washing and just deep conditioning with the silicon mix. That will probably help. Do you have a creamy leave in? Something without protein if possible will also help to add moisture.

Have a nice flight. It's a long one. :lol:

Silicon Mix is really moisturizing. Maybe try washing and just deep conditioning with the silicon mix. That will probably help. Do you have a creamy leave in? Something without protein if possible will also help to add moisture.

Have a nice flight. It's a long one. :lol:

I have the silicon mix leave-in and lacio. Last night I used Emergencia (has panthenol--don't think it is protein) and lacio (silk protein, oops) as a leave-in. I really want to touch-up before trying again--approaching my 3-day window. But will lay off of the protein. Thanks!

Back