Applying my own rinse

Iamnotmyhair

Hello ladies,

I love my hair jet black but I am not yet ready to join the henna revolution because I am afraid I will do something wrong and end up with green hair or something. So I want to continue rinsing my hair but am upset because my stylist charges 25.00:eek: big ones just to apply a rinse. I asked her if it would be cheaper if I brought my own bottle of rinse and she said it would be 20.00 extra to apply:perplexed A wash and set is 35.00 so, I figured I would apply my own rinse at home put a plastic cap on my head and drive over to the beauty shop. Let her wash it out and proceed with the wash and set. I know this is cheap:lachen:
but a sista is broke:lol: . Anyway the rinse bottle says to leave it on for 25 minutes and that will be more than enough time to get to the salon. Besides looking straight ghetto driving in my car with a plastic cap on my head I don't see a problem. (The last time she did my rinse she put it on my dry hair and proceeded with the wash and set. My last stylist put it on my wet hair after it was washed.) Does this sound feasible?? Thanks in advance!!

Last edited:
When I do them, I apply them to my freshly washed hair. I saturate the hair really well with the product then I cover it with a plastic cap. Some of them say to process with heat and some say without.

Are you familiar with Hennalucent? It's a version of henna that is compatible with relaxed hair. I also find that it does not have the same bleeding and runoff issues that I've had with regular rinses. A box is usually around $3-$5 and you can find it at Sally's and most other BSS. Some members use the "neutral" version as a protein/strengthening treatment if they don't want to add color. The other colors will definitely give you black hair that fades gradually over time.

Iamnotmyhair said:
Hello ladies,

I love my hair jet black but I am not yet ready to join the henna revolution because I am afraid I will do something wrong and end up with green hair or something. So I want to continue rinsing my hair but am upset because my stylist charges 25.00:eek: big ones just to apply a rinse. I asked her if it would be cheaper if I brought my own bottle of rinse and she said it would be 20.00 extra to apply:perplexed A wash and set is 35.00 so, I figured I would apply my own rinse at home put a plastic cap on my head and drive over to the beauty shop. Let her wash it out and proceed with the wash and set. I know this is cheap:lachen:
but a sista is broke:lol: . Anyway the rinse bottle says to leave it on for 25 minutes and that will be more than enough time to get to the salon. Besides looking straight ghetto driving in my car with a plastic cap on my head I don't see a problem. (The last time she did my rinse she put it on my dry hair and proceeded with the wash and set. My last stylist put it on my wet hair after it was washed.) Does this sound feasible?? Thanks in advance!!
When you're ready we'll be here... :sekret:

Back