apple juice promotes growth?!

candibaby

okay, i was bored so i decided to look this up.
usapple.org says..
"Japanese researchers reported late last year that a chemical isolated from apples, procyanadin B-2, significantly promoted hair growth in their animal study — by 300 percent compared to controls - by inhibiting expression of protein kinase C, known to play a role in cell proliferation and believed to act as a negative hair-growing factor. "

that's basically what every other place i went to in the first 5 pages of my google search said.

apple juice is my all-time favorite thing to drink, but about growth? or maybe i just dont see it because i kept cutting it last year..

just thought i'd post this to see what you ladies think.

this is my opinion on apple juice.

Yes, apple juice has great vitamins that may aid in better health but I believe that eating apples provide greater benefit. U can PM me if u want to learn more.

i think the high sugar content in the juice may stunt the growth
ohwell.gif
hey, try the carrot juice thing! it has people's hair thriving!

Well, if it does, I'll have to start monitoring my mother's hair (it's weaved up now, but it's growing qite nicely underneath). She just started craving apple juice a lot lately.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
anky said:
this is my opinion on apple juice.

Yes, apple juice has great vitamins that may aid in better health but I believe that eating apples provide greater benefit. U can PM me if u want to learn more.

i think the high sugar content in the juice may stunt the growth
ohwell.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Apple juice is good for you, but it's packed with sugar. You're much safer with regular apples, at least you get the fiber too.

I agree with what the ladies said about the apples as opposed to the juice.

The procyanadin B-2 which was isolated as the source. There are a lot of "unidentified" procyanadins which are in a variety of fruits and vegetables which promote growth. Do the same search for "grape seed extract", "bilberry", "blueberries", "elderberries", etc and I know you should come up with a lot in terms of hair growth.

~Jade~

b u m p i n g

http://www.applepoly.com/procyanidin-b-2/

Im going to go on a challenge to eat more apples and drink carrot juice. Not too much of course. I will not be drinking the apple juice. I will be eating apples.

Vitamin A: Aids the immune system; helps form some hormones and
helps in cell reproduction; helps with the growth of bones, teeth, and
healthy skin, hair, and mucus membranes
Vitamin B2 (also called riboflavin): Aids in general growth and red cell
production; helps with energy conversion from carbohydrates
Vitamin B12: Helps the body’s metabolism; aids in the formation of red
blood cells; maintains the central nervous system

Site on the procyanidin and more
http://www.baldingblog.com/2007/02/07/which-is-better-apple-polyphenols-topical-or-capsules/

Results after a study.
http://sciencelinks.jp/j-east/article/200304/000020030403A0059855.php

I'm drinking apple juice right now. Wow! I feel the hair growing!LOL

Longer hair from drinking this good stuff would be great!

Last edited:
Back