Aphogee Users?

guudhair

Hi everyone..a newbie here...I want to use Aphogee Intensive Keratin Reconstructor during my next wash...should I use Keracare Humecto before, after or at the same time I use the reconstructor?

Also, are there any suggestions for damaged hairlines?....thanks in advance

That stuff is moisturizing and strengthening at the same time for me. I don't use it with anything else - it is THAT good.

I use the Aphogee 2 step protein treatment and I always follow with a moisturizing deep conditioner. I have never used Keracare Humecto, but since it has the word Humecto in it I'm assuming it is a moisturizing conditioner. If that is the case I would use this after the Aphogee treatment. For the damaged/thinning edges you might want to try one of the many growth aids that are talked about on the board or some castor oil. I use Boundless Tresses and it has thickened my hair quite a bit in a very short time. Hope this Helps

thanks, ladies...
Also, is there a way for me to saves these posts so I don't have to search form them everytime?

I have really dry hair. No-lye relaxers do not help. I mix two parts of the Intensive Two-Min Aphogee with one part of a moisturizing conditioner, usually Proclaim Aloe and Shea Butter. I leave it on about five minutes, with a plastic cap, every other week. After rinsing, I follow up with a moisturizing DC w/heat for 15-20 minutes.

So far so good, my hair likes this combo.

have any of you ever used any other aphogee products, especially the [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Keratin and Green Tea Restructurizer and [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Shampoo for Damaged Hair?

i picked up another bottle of treatment and bought the reconstructor, and i ALMOST bought the two above but needed to find out the scoop on them first.
[/FONT]

oh, yeah...the line is changing its bottles...looks sleek!

Last edited:
from36to38 said:
have any of you ever used any other aphogee products, especially the [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Keratin and Green Tea Restructurizer and [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Shampoo...[/FONT]

I use the Keratin and Green Tea Reconstructor because it has Silk Amino Acids. I use it as my third liquid leave-in on my wet hair. The first is Fermodyl 619 Extra Strength to help my hair hold moisture. My last liquid leave in is ApHogee Pro Vitamin Leave-In. It contains ceramides.

I also use the ApHogee Treatment For Damaged Hair, (the one that gets hard under the dryer), every eight weeks. I just returned the ApHogee Balancing Moisturizer today. It didn't moisturize enough. Next time I do the hard ApHogee I'm going to try Motions Moisture Plus as a conditioner, then DC with Nexxus Humectress mixed with L'Oreal Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture.

I skipped the Shampoo For Damaged Hair and opted to try Suave Professionals Extra Strength Shampoo. It too has ceramides for strong hair. It is based on the Redken Extreme line that many people here rave about. People also said good things about Redken on Folica.com, and good things about the Suave knock-off on Walgreens.com and Drugstore.com.

ETA: I forgot to add that I've also use the ApHogee 2-Min Reconstructor as a pre-poo mixed with Proclaim Aloe and Shea Butter conditioner with good results. I let it sit for about 20 minutes just under a plastic cap, before I poo'd and DC'd w/heat, with moisturizing products.

Last edited:
Back