Aphogee Protein Treatment STINKS.

skegeesmb

That stuff smells so bad. I used it this weeked to do a protein treatment. The first thing I noticed was the stinky cheesy, yet sweet kind of smell. I wanted to gag because this stuff stank so bad.

But After I washed it out and did a deep moisturizing conditioner treatment, my hair felt good. I don't know, I want to use it in the future, but I don't know if I can take that smell. Is there anything that works just as good, but not as stinky that I can get at Sally's?

Maybe Emergencee - I don't know if they sell it at Sally's. Sebastian Penentraitt gets hard like Aphoghee too. And that doesn't smell as bad. They changed the smell after years of it smelling like hot trash.
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
Maybe Emergencee - I don't know if they sell it at Sally's. Sebastian Penentraitt gets hard like Aphoghee too. And that doesn't smell as bad. They changed the smell after years of it smelling like hot trash.
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif
Hot trash, now THAT'S funny!

I think that Nexxus Emergency works just as good as the apohgee. It doesn't really have a smell to it and its not as messy.

Is very smelly...I remember a beautician saying it had blood in it... I don't know that she meant that literally, but it is animal protein which comes from blood perhaps??? Anyhoo, it stops breakage so well that I can't live without it...unfortunately, like everything else I don't use it on a regular basis like I should...

I haven't used it in a while but I think I remember that it had a high concentration of urea (pee). Whatever it has in it, it stops breakage right in its tracks.

[ QUOTE ]
skegeesmb said:
That stuff smells so bad. I used it this weeked to do a protein treatment. The first thing I noticed was the stinky cheesy, yet sweet kind of smell. I wanted to gag because this stuff stank so bad.

But After I washed it out and did a deep moisturizing conditioner treatment, my hair felt good. I don't know, I want to use it in the future, but I don't know if I can take that smell. Is there anything that works just as good, but not as stinky that I can get at Sally's?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are so right. Aphogee smells something terrible, but it is really good. You can try Nexxus Emergencee in it's place. It's very good too, without that horrid smell.
smile.gif

Let me ask ya'll a question. I know the smell goes away when you rinse it out, right? Cause I bought a bottle (for emergency use) and I can't be going to work smelling like vomit or hot trash.

Joico K-Pak Reconstruct is very good and smells like bananas.

perfect peace
Rose.gif

LMAO @ going to work smelling like vomit or hot trash. i feel ya, perfectpeace!

the smell does go away, but i think that's because you have to use at least a couple of products after rinsing it out. ioancare though. i refuse to use it. i don't think i have to be fonked out even for a few minutes to have some hair!
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
adrienne0914 said:
LMAO @ going to work smelling like vomit or hot trash. i feel ya, perfectpeace!

the smell does go away, but i think that's because you have to use at least a couple of products after rinsing it out. ioancare though. i refuse to use it. i don't think i have to be fonked out even for a few minutes to have some hair!
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean, you got to put some extra products in it to cover the STANK? . . . ooooh no!! Girl, I'm tryin to stay employed. Were's my receipt, I'm taking this stuff back . . .

perfect peace
Rose.gif

I haven't bought anymore. I bought the little sample pack, and haven't gone back to buy anymore. I'm really going to look into the alternative. If I can't find the nexuss emergence, I might have to get the "pee pee" protein.

Are you ladies referring to the one that says "treatment for damaged hair" in purple letters on the bottle? Will this cause damage if my hair is not breaking? I like to use a protein treatment once a month just to strenthen my hair.

Yes that's the one we're talking about. If you don't follow up with a moisturizing deep conditioner, your hair will probably shed due to the high stinky concentration of protein. Be careful.

The treatment does stink, but I just used it tonight. I am a 4a/b relaxed colored, and my hair is really struggling right now form home relaxers and coloring. Right now I use the Cathy Howse protein and the stinky stuff to stop the breakage. And it works, but I also use A lot of moisturizers afterward. I also must say while I'm on I am so glad to have found this site. You ladies have been such a blessing in my quest for healthy hair, even when you are on a budget;)

Back