Aphogee Didn't Work

Neen

Aphogee Didn\'t Work

Well, the aphogee didn't work but a few days. I washed my hair last night and it is back to breaking
frown.gif
. I was trying to analyze my hair and noticed that the part with color was very thin and limp. The part without color was thicker with a little curl to it. I am sure the colored part cannot be salvaged. I have put a protein treatment on my hair many times, not back to back though, and it is still in poor condition. SO, I am going to chop it off and start all over again. It's cool though cuz I need a change. I plan on continuing with relaxers but figure I should opt for a lye relaxer instead of the no lye I was using before. Does anyone know of a good lye relaxer?

Re: Aphogee Didn\'t Work

Once when my hair was fried from chemicals, I tried Aphogee and it didnt work either. I think once your hair has gotten so damaged, there's no saving it.
ohwell.gif
. I use Motions, but I've been hearing good things about Affirm. I'm thinking of switching to that one.

I am having breakage and Aphogee didn't seem to work either. Perhaps I will try it again, or just moisturize and try again in a few weeks. I think I have just had irreversible damage done to the lower parts of my hair though, I don't blame it on the aphogee. If it keeps breaking eventually I will have to cut it.
I think the problem is not with lye or no-lye so much as overlapping.

Sometimes the hair may be breaking because of dryness and in that instance it needs more moisture and not protein. Have you tried doing a deep moisturizing treatment?

Try this...

Do a pre-shampoo hot oil treatment using 3 TBSP of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and 1 TBSP of honey. (Honey is a natural humectant.) Go under the dryer with a plastic cap for 5-15 minutes.

Shampoo with a moisturizing shampoo..

Use a moisturizing conditioner under the dryer for 20-40 minutes.

After rinsing seal in the moisture with a leave-in mixed with a little oil.

See how your hair feels after that, before deciding to cut it.

Skip the shampoo all together. Try conditioner "washes" instead. Use ACV to clarify when you need to. Doing both of these will eliminate the hair becoming drier from shampooing, then having to remoisturize intensely to gain back the lost moisture from shampooing. JMO.

As far as relaxers go, I like Revlon Realistic (lye).

I deep conditioned last night and my hair was super soft. But very weak and fine. I have been doing really good keeping it moisturized but the hair shaft appears to be too weak to be revived
ill.gif
. you know what i'm sayin? it's just crappy.
ohwell.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Neen said:
I deep conditioned last night and my hair was super soft. But very weak and fine. I have been doing really good keeping it moisturized but the hair shaft appears to be too weak to be revived
ill.gif
. you know what i'm sayin? it's just crappy.
ohwell.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmmm....How do you moisturize? Are you doing protective styling? I'm sure some other members have advice for you on getting your hair back in shape..

Would you mind listing your regimen and what products you're using? What did you deep condition with?

I deep conditioned with QH Cholestorol and QH hot oil. I left it on for an hour and a half with no heat. I let it air dry and now I have on a scarf. I have been doing thins for the past two weeks but used a ceramic iron to straighten it about 3x in the past two weeks. Oh, I forgot. After I wash out the conditioner I apply mango butter to the ends and the damaged hair and then I put on WGO.

Neen, I think it's the heat. Heat is notorious for thinning the hair. Yes, ceramic flat irons are better than the others, but they're still damaging. Continue the conditioning, but nix the heat and see how your hair responds.

A few years ago, my hair began breaking from L'Oreal Chunks. I didn't read that it was not for relaxed hair until a couple years later. Anyway, I put a black rinse on my hair to restore the color and health of my hair, it worked out okay, but at the time I didn't know what I know now about maintaining hair, so maybe if you rinse your hair with a dark color to deposit some of the color back into it and then do a moisturize and conditioner combo, that would work.

I was looking for the source of this information but couldn't find it, but I do remember reading that it is important to follow the Aphogee treatment with (specifically) the Aphogee Balance Moisturizing conditioner. I believe it has something to do with that conditioner bringing your hair to the proper ph balance.

Is that the conditioner that you were using? The first time I used the treatment, I didn't use that conditioner and my hair was rough and brittle. It didn't break, but it sure felt like it would. I don't like the Aphogee conditioner, but when I used it after the next treatment, my hair reacted better. I had to follow it with Mizani Moisturefuse also, to have it feel better moisturized.

I rec using the aphoghee 123 pack it has the sh/moist/treatment all in 1 pack for 1.69 it is priceless to me once you do the entire 123 treatment pack, spray a leave-in put some vaseline on your ends and put your hair in a protective bun or roll I personally prefer a roll and leave it alone! then continuously con wash only it weekly. I guarantee will stop breaking. If my hair stopped breaking anyone's hair will stop because I have the thinnest hair in the world. my hair was overprocessed it was BAR-B-CUED and when your hair is like that you have to leave it alone strenghthen it and leave it alone. get you some porosity control and pm supercharged and Olive Oil Extra Virgin. This is my anti-breakage steps: 1. 123 aphoghee kit followed by porosity control 15 min, then pm supercharged 15 min ( another poster posted the info on porosity control and pm supercharged so I added it to my regime with great results)
2. spray leave-in I use infusium 23, vaseline ends only and protective style roll or bun and leave it alone! until the next week I know some prefer to wash more but when your hair is fried I believe less is better because the condition of your hair shaft is damaged if you look at it under a microscope you see it's jagged and if you manipulate it all those jagged pieces tangle and when it's combed you lose hair. So if you repair that then you won't have hair loss aka breakage.
3. pre-con olive oil, then con wash only (no-shampoo)weekly, vaseline ends only and roll or bun.
4. Also if your not taking any supplements I would recommend a good multivitamin with msm of your choice. Your hair is also a reflection of your overall health. peace and keep growing!
One more thing if your using a no-lye relaxer you may want to switch to one with lye I noticed I had more breakage with no-lye than lye. I use affirm now and it has made a world of difference in terms of hair retention. Also, I used the GAHL technique of putting the foil on the oiled hair and clamping a hot iron onthe foil for 5 sec when I had a no-lye and it helped with breakage.You can go to that site and get the directions pretty self explanatory. Anyway, don't worry apply these techiniques and keep visiting this site you'll find your holy grail!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks everyone for the replies. I decided to cut it all off. It actually looks really good. Brings out my face more and makes me look slimmer. I am still trying to grow my hair but i wanted a clean slate. I am relieved since I don't have to worry about reviving my damaged hair. I did get an affirm lye relaxer which burned like the dickens
shocked.gif
but I forgot to stop putting flucionide drops on my scalp. I also had some WGO Oil on there too. Anyway, thanks again for the replies.

Sometimes a clean slate gives you the motivation you need, so congratulations on a new start! Remember to keep us posted on your progress!
clap.gif

I hope its not too late. When my hair was chemically damaged and breaking my stylist used Humectress conditioner by Paul Mitchell. It worked wonders maybe you should try it.

Back