Aphogee and Pibbs Kwik Dry

alonshaw

Hey I have a quick question ladies, Have any of you done an aphogee treatment with the pibbs? I am doing an aphogee tonight but i just realized that Pibbs recommends using that protective net/scarf that came with? Thanks in advance ladies!!!:)

Nope.... I dont have a hood dryer, so unfortunately I have to hold a hand-dryer w/funnel and move it up and down my hair until the entire hair is dry/hard. :lol: Yeah, its a really tedious process, and you can probably imagine.

BUT I asked Santa for a Pibbs Kwik Dry for xmas..... so i hope he brings it to me!!!! :p

I'm bumping...I'm planning on buying this dryer in a few weeks and I love ApHogee so I'd like to know too.

Chayil

alonshaw said:
Hey I have a quick question ladies, Have any of you done an aphogee treatment with the pibbs? I am doing an aphogee tonight but i just realized that Pibbs recommends using that protective net/scarf that came with? Thanks in advance ladies!!!:)

Hi!:) I would just apply the Aphogee and dry without the scarf. The treatment is pretty strong when it dries. If you put the scarf on it may dry the hair bent. Then when you go to wash it out, it may break. I just apply and leave the hair straight then go under the dryer, after a few minutes I get up and take a blowdryer to the ends b/c they never see to get dry as quickly. HTH!

I'm curious about this too...
I was scared out of my mind to touch my hair when I used Aphogee
I was afraid my hair would just break off
I DON'T think a scarf/net/ clips or anything covering
your hair would be a good look when using Aphogee
I read somewhere that you should
be topless/ towel-less/ cape- less
when using Aphogee because it will stick to everything
even those plastic shower caps are a no no!!!
I wouldn't take any chances

Last edited:
I think the OP was worried about having the hair drying without using a hairnet b/c it is recommended for use. The fan that propels the dryer has a high risk of sucking your hair up into it and damaging the hair. Manufacturer recommends using a mesh net over hair prior to setting.

I don't have a Pibbs (yet :look: ) but I'd probably clip my hair back and put a mesh hairnet (not a scarf) over my hair prior to sitting under there.

That's one of the reasons why I wasn't interested in any of the Pibbs dryers...I do treatments from time to time (like the Aphogee) and I don't want the fans to manipulate my hair...I'm not even sure how it would work with a net...it's so sticky...I'll be scared the net will be stuck on my head. :perplexed

I have the Pibbs and when I use my Dudley's DRC18 (is used like aphogee-drys hard) I use a very thin hair net. The kind like the cafeteria ladies wear. I get them from sally's. They're very, very thin and lite. It doesn't affect my treatment at all. The Pibbs has an upward air flow, so this works. My hair dries very fast under the Pibbs. You can also just rinse the hair net out and use again...it's too simple;) ;)

Last edited:
Back