ApHogee and other hardcore protein users...1-2x a month???

curlcomplexity

formerly qtslim83
I have been experiencing some breakage lately (pieces about 1/2 - 1 inch in length):nono: it's really starting to bum me out. So I tried to do a little research. I checked out the Cathy Howse website and she recommends using the hardcore Aphogee 2 to 3 times a MONTH!! I couldn't believe it...sounds interesting though.:look: Do any of you ladies use a hard core protein more frequently than 6-8 weeks?

2x a month sounds like a whole lot to me unless your hair is damaged beyond belief and in that case scissors sound like what you need instead.

well i had bad breakage issues and i did aphogee 2x a month but didnt even think about moisture and i kept getting breakage. i would not reccommend using it 2x a month i think thats too much. but if u do please make sure u use a moisturizing conditioner at least once a week, and moisturize daily. i know someone who used it at least twice a month and her hair did grow, she swore it was the aphogee but i still wouldnt reccomend using it that much.

I have used Aphogee twice in a month but I also made sure that I followed up with a very moisturizing conditioner. The only reason why I did back to back treatments is because my hair was breaking severely and the first treatment only somewhat stopped the breakage so I did another and it did help. HOWEVER normally I only do the aphogee treatment as needed usually around every 2 or 3 months. It is a very heavy duty protein and if you use it too much it could also lead to breakage.

I use it every 4-5 weeks. However it is EXTREMELY IMPORTANT that you deep condition with something extra moisturizing after every treatment. Even deep conditioning before helps!

Thanks for the responses ladies! I think I may up my Aphogee usage to once a month in that case...

Yeah, It seems like TOOO much to do it 2x a month.

1x a month does seems straight

One thing i've tried and has really really worked becuase i had the same problem with breakage and aphogee not completly stopping it is saturating my hair with dutoex or keratin & green tea, and covering with a plastic baggy, then going to sleep---as like a pre-poo treatment or leave it on there for 2-4 hours while i watch a movie or do whatever. My hair gets really strong after that. Now i just do that every week and havent did aphogee in a while.

Yeah, It seems like TOOO much to do it 2x a month.

1x a month does seems straight

One thing i've tried and has really really worked becuase i had the same problem with breakage and aphogee not completly stopping it is saturating my hair with dutoex or keratin & green tea, and covering with a plastic baggy, then going to sleep---as like a pre-poo treatment or leave it on there for 2-4 hours while i watch a movie or do whatever. My hair gets really strong after that. Now i just do that every week and havent did aphogee in a while.

Where do you get this? Is it the Ultra Sheen Duo Tex?

Yep thats it. You can get it at Sallys. I think it is around 5-6 bucks for a big bottle.

Yeah, thanks Gym! And the other one is Aphogee Keratin & green tea at Sallys also. If you ever get the duotex you might want to get a spray bottle or something to go with it because it has a top like a conditioner or lotion.

Yeah, thanks Gym! And the other one is Aphogee Keratin & green tea at Sallys also. If you ever get the duotex you might want to get a spray bottle or something to go with it because it has a top like a conditioner or lotion.

I want to try that Aphogee. What conditioner do you use after Duo Tex? I usually use aubreys island spice.

I want to try that Aphogee. What conditioner do you use after Duo Tex? I usually use aubreys island spice.

I just use ORS replensih conditoner after the Duotex...i keep hearing about Aubreys, do you find it moisturizing? I thought it was a natural brand so i never tried it because it just sounds like it wont do anyhting for me , that keratin stuff is actually really good though, but i think its the same price or more as Duotex, so my cheap & broke behind always grabs the Duo.

Back