Aphogee and Hair Dye

prettykinks

Ladies I need to know if it is safe to dye my hair then use the Aphogee protein treatment? I was gonna do the pretein treatment first but I read the instructions with the dye. It stated that it has to be applied to dry, unwashed hair. If anyone knows what I should please help me out.

Also I needed to know if I could put flaxseed oil directly on my hair. I already put it in my shakes and in my food. I am taking it for my hair, so I figured it might help if I put it directly on it. Again if anyone has info please help a sista out. :)

I've done it before and my stylist used to do it to me also. It seemed to make the color less damaging or at least help some of the damage it caused. Dye first, wash it out, aproghee, then EXTREMELY moisturizing conditioner (I would even put some jojoba oil in the conditioner) and let it set for 30 minutes or so. HTH

I personally haven't tried the flax oil on my hair, but I LOVE it interally.

prettykinks said:
Ladies I need to know if it is safe to dye my hair then use the Aphogee protein treatment? I was gonna do the pretein treatment first but I read the instructions with the dye. It stated that it has to be applied to dry, unwashed hair. If anyone knows what I should please help me out.

Also I needed to know if I could put flaxseed oil directly on my hair. I already put it in my shakes and in my food. I am taking it for my hair, so I figured it might help if I put it directly on it. Again if anyone has info please help a sista out. :)

[/COLOR]
prettykinks said:

Hi there,
I have done this before. What you should do is the protein tx first. It will fill in any "damage spots" thus helping your color to absorb evenly. You do the aphogee tx, then deep condition.Do the color on another day. What I used to do, was aphogee, deep condition, then the following week, do another dc. the next day I would color. I noticed less dryness, and minimal shedding the first time that I did color. Good luck to you.

eta, yes you can put flaxseed oil in your hair. I use that, in a hair butter, and use flax seeds to make hair spray and gels. It's perfectly fine

Last edited:
Back