Aphogee and a PIBBS dryer

Britt

Hi ladies, I would like to use the Aphogee two step treatment however I have a Pibbs and as you know it's more like a fan. I know the Aphogee has to be dried to a hardened state. I'm wondering if I could apply the aphogee liberally and then put a hair net over it to prevent from being pulled up into the fan from the Pibbs. Help! I really want to try the Aphogee treatment and I only have a Pibbs and a heating cap.

Thanks !!!!

i use komaza care protein which has to dry hard like aphogee and i use a handheld dryer to dry it. then i rinse and use my moisturizing conditioner. you could do that if you own one.

I wouldn't put on the hair net because the aphogee will dry hard and the net will stick to your hair :nono: I have a pibbs also and whenever I use my aphogee my hair doesn't fly up into the fan.

Really? Cause I know that Pibbs fan is powerful. If I use a regular deep conditioning cap and go under it the fan pulls that sucka off w/ the quickness.

I use my Pibbs with the aphogee before on a few occasions and I have never had that issue with the fan.

I would not recommend putting anything on the hair while that particularly product is drying.

I do Aphogee treatments with my Pibbs...your hair won't fly into the fan (I created a similar thread a while back because I had the same fear).

I put a net over my aphogee'd hair and stick a few duckbill clips in to keep the net in place. I've never had a problem with the aphogee or clamps sticking to my hair.

IMO, if they feel like you need to have a net over your hair under the pibbs if the hair is in rollers then I'd think loose hair would definitely need to be covered some kind of way. The hair probably won't be hard when you first go under the dryer. I think there is a difference between using a hair net and a plastic cap which the aphogee bottle says definitely not to use.

Back