Aphogee 2-Step

I fell asleep with that stuff in my hair! It took a year to recover and I have had two major hair cuts and I trim like crazy! It works, but it is nothing to play around with!

I've been gun shy since I ODed on it a few years ago. I used it twice in two months and it was too much.

I've been gun shy since I ODed on it a few years ago. I used it twice in two months and it was too much.
@greenandchic Were you natural then? I think using it twice on relaxed hair will be too much but not on natural hair.

I just used it twice in two weeks. I did it once on my hair and it didn't stop breakage so I did it again tonight. Breakage has stopped by about 80%! It made such a drastic difference. My hair feels very light and fluffy but also a bit dry but I'm deep conditioning now so I hope it'll be okay in the end. I think that my hair was suffering from too much moisture and my natural hair needed a healthy dose of protein. Depending on how this goes, I'm going to do another treatment in 5 weeks.

Yes I used the whole system. Today my hair is extra dry though. Not sure if it had anything to do with it. I was scared to mix other conditioners with it.
I used it for the first time about a week ago, my hair is extra dry as well, it feels almost like straw. I used the balancing moisturizer, and then I Deep conditioned with heat using SM deep treatment mask. I co-washed about 2 days later because it still felt dry and I moisturized and sealed. Still dry. My hair is extra frizzy as well, it's never felt like this. I hate to shampoo often, but I might do so this week to remove some of the residue and then Ill DC overnight. My hair does seem stronger though, I don't have as much breakage/shedding.

If I use it again, I won't use their balancing moisturizer and I may do as suggested above and either shampoo after application, or co-wash, then DC.

The trick is after you do the 2 step, don't use the balancing moisturizer, it is trash. Use your favorite protein free moisturizing DC. DC with heat and overnight, when you wash it out in the morning your hair will be incredibly soft.

@greenandchic Were you natural then? I think using it twice on relaxed hair will be too much but not on natural hair.

I just used it twice in two weeks. I did it once on my hair and it didn't stop breakage so I did it again tonight. Breakage has stopped by about 80%! It made such a drastic difference. My hair feels very light and fluffy but also a bit dry but I'm deep conditioning now so I hope it'll be okay in the end. I think that my hair was suffering from too much moisture and my natural hair needed a healthy dose of protein. Depending on how this goes, I'm going to do another treatment in 5 weeks.

Yes, I was natural then. :) But full disclosure, I was also using henna. That could have been beyond my limit.

I used it for the first time about a week ago, my hair is extra dry as well, it feels almost like straw. I used the balancing moisturizer, and then I Deep conditioned with heat using SM deep treatment mask. I co-washed about 2 days later because it still felt dry and I moisturized and sealed. Still dry. My hair is extra frizzy as well, it's never felt like this. I hate to shampoo often, but I might do so this week to remove some of the residue and then Ill DC overnight. My hair does seem stronger though, I don't have as much breakage/shedding.

If I use it again, I won't use their balancing moisturizer and I may do as suggested above and either shampoo after application, or co-wash, then DC.
Update: I loooove this stuff! I co-washed my hair more frequently and DCd more often than usual, and now it feels moisturized. I also have waaaaay less shedding, or maybe what I thought was shedding was breakage? I dunno, but less hair ends up in my hands and on the floor.

Back