Aphogee 2 Step w/MBL hair...how do you position your hair under the dryer?

simplyhair

Ladies that have mbl or longer hair, how do you position your hair when you are sitting under the dryer with the 2 Step? I would like to use the 2 Step but I just do not get how to position my hair to dry without disturbing it.

In my mind, I guess, I would bring it to the front and lay it on my chest. But would it take a long time for the bottom portion to dry?

^^^So, did your hair dry bent up or a bend instead of straight? Did you remove the clamp and let your hair down before rinsing it out? OR, did you just start rinsing with the clamp still in your hair?

^^^Actually it was gathered and clamped in the middle of my head so that the bottom of my head could get the heat. Once I started rinsing, I took the clamp off.

^^^Actually it was gathered and clamped in the middle of my head so that the bottom of my head could get the heat. Once I started rinsing, I took the clamp off.

So you didn't see any adverse effects of having a bend in your hair strands as it dried?

Not at all...but, now that you said that, I can understand your concern...but no, no adverse effects!

Doesn't using the handheld blowdryer cause the strands to move and agitate? Hum, I would think it would take forever to dry.

I clip it up in 4 sections in twists (since I apply the product and immediately twist it before it gets hard) and sit under the dryer for a good 30 mns. Most of the time some sections (mainly inside the twists) did not dry all the way through which annoys the heck out of me. I assume if it's not hard, the product did not work well on that area.
I have also tried it without the twists using clamps in multiple sections. No damage for using when using a hair accessory so long as you don't move it when it's dry and remove it only when it softens.

I don't unravel the twist until the product is thoroughly rinsed out with water.

HTH!

OT: for those that actually use specific mesaurements ---> about how much of the product do you all use for the entire head? I think my dampness may be from over saturating with product, thus taking a long time to dry. I never measured before, I just slapped on enough to saturate the hair.

OP...I AM SO SORRY!!! I just realized that you asked MBL and longer ladies...I'm BSB!!!!:blush::blush: How embarrassing!!!

I clip it up in 4 sections in twists (since I apply the product and immediately twist it before it gets hard) and sit under the dryer for a good 30 mns. Most of the time some sections (mainly inside the twists) did not dry all the way through which annoys the heck out of me. I assume if it's not hard, the product did not work well on that area.
I have also tried it without the twists using clamps in multiple sections. No damage for using when using a hair accessory so long as you don't move it when it's dry and remove it only when it softens.

I don't unravel the twist until the product is thoroughly rinsed out with water.

HTH!

Same here. braid my hair in 4 sections and apply the product. I pour the Aphogee on my roots at let it slowly go down my hair. I gently rub it on my hair if I missed a section, but don't apply it like I would conditioner. I've never gone under the dryer with Aphogee, but I would probably put it on a medium setting.

After about 10 minutes (no more than that) I rinse my hair out completely and I don't touch it. The ONE time I did touch the hair and rub it around kinda like a conditioner my sister's hair ended up matting up badly and I had to cut a few sections. Once I'm sure most of the product is out I then add conditioner and co-wash. I only do this if I'm 100% most of the product has rinsed away.

HTH!!

Same here. braid my hair in 4 sections and apply the product. I pour the Aphogee on my roots at let it slowly go down my hair. I gently rub it on my hair if I missed a section, but don't apply it like I would conditioner. I've never gone under the dryer with Aphogee, but I would probably put it on a medium setting.

After about 10 minutes (no more than that) I rinse my hair out completely and I don't touch it. The ONE time I did touch the hair and rub it around kinda like a conditioner my sister's hair ended up matting up badly and I had to cut a few sections. Once I'm sure most of the product is out I then add conditioner and co-wash. I only do this if I'm 100% most of the product has rinsed away.

HTH!!

HTH!

Hey BM, thanks for that pointer about not rubbing the hair like it has conditioner on it.

Now, why would do you only let it sit on your hair for 10 minutes? Are you only airdrying with the 2 Step? Is your hair hard like it's recommended? If not, what is the benefit of not letting it get hard?

Fine4s, your second method may work for me. That's what I envision, rinsing out the product prior to removing the clip. I would like to try the braid method but I would also be concerned if the product did not dry all the way.

I'll see what BM says about her drying method. Perhaps, not drying rock hard can be just as beneficial...I don't know.

I haven't used the 2 Step since the early 90's but I was around shoulder length and it was just easier to handle then.

CORRECTION: Oh I forgot to add that I have the OLD formula and my hair gets as hard as a rock LOL It recommends you only leave it on for a few minutes

For the NEW formula I apply it on my damp braid with no issues, I leave it on for 10 minutes and then rinse out.

CORRECTION: Oh I forgot to add that I have the OLD formula and my hair gets as hard as a rock LOL It recommends you only leave it on for a few minutes

For the NEW formula I apply it on my damp braid with no issues, I leave it on for 10 minutes and then rinse out.

@ bolded, so your hair does not get hard with the NEW formula?

Back