Aphogee 2 step protien help!! please if you can spare!?!?

pureebony

Everyone keeps saying how this 2 step is the best protien for hair, now my hair has been splitting, breaking, snapping stretching you name it!!!

So i have to do it today, if i leave it any longer i will have no hair left!?!

So what i need is help please help!!?!?!?

I am a natural with tyoe 3c/ 4a hair, now how do i go about doing an effective Aphogee protien treatment, without damaging my hair further? And making sure i regain its moisture back? As well as future tips on keeping my moisture protien balance?

My hair is below in my siggy, please help if you can!?!?!

Thanks so much and God Bless xxxx

Well I am relaxed but there are a lot of naturals that use this with good results.

I shampoo (sometimes clarify if I have build up) then I spray the Aphogee onto my hair. I use a lot and make sure every strand is coated. I comb through really quickly and sit under the dryer for about 15 minutes until it is hard.

Once it's hard I don't touch it at all, your hair will snap off if you move it the wrong way.

I stand under the shower and let the water just run through my hair before touching it at all.

I deep condition with a really moisturizing conditioner (I like motions moisture plus or biolage knock off) with heat for a minimum of 30 minutes.

My hair feels strong and soft after this.

Good luck!

@ceebee3 Thanks for that! I have to do it and I'm a little scared. As soon as I find my hooded dryer it's ON! LOL

Well I am relaxed but there are a lot of naturals that use this with good results.

I shampoo (sometimes clarify if I have build up) then I spray the Aphogee onto my hair. I use a lot and make sure every strand is coated. I comb through really quickly and sit under the dryer for about 15 minutes until it is hard.

Once it's hard I don't touch it at all, your hair will snap off if you move it the wrong way.

I stand under the shower and let the water just run through my hair before touching it at all.

I deep condition with a really moisturizing conditioner (I like motions moisture plus or biolage knock off) with heat for a minimum of 30 minutes.

Good luck!

Everything she said...you will be fine friend!!!

ok ladies sounds good to me!

so i dont have to use the aphogee conditioner to?

how can i incorporate my porosty control to this? x

I did the aphogee treatment this past weekend and I did it the exact same way. I used banana brulee, suave mumectant conditioner and olive oil as my DC and sat under the dryer for 30 minutes. My hair feels thicker and strong and not crunchy like the first time i did it.

Good luck!

Last night I used the 2 minute keratin something from them. It's a good protein to keep you from overdoing it. I used it on dry hair diluted with water, washed my hair, put neutrogena tripple moisture, then I deep conditioned with heat. After I rinsed most of it out then put some leave in and hair butter in. My hair is great right now. It seems well balanced and it's strong and soft

ok ladies sounds good to me!

so i dont have to use the aphogee conditioner to?

how can i incorporate my porosty control to this? x

You do not have to use the aphogee conditioner, I personally do not find it as moisturizing as other conditioners. As long as you have a really good moisturizing conditioner you should be fine.

I believe you could mix in the porosity control with a conditioner and use it combined or do it in 2 different steps (maybe not in the same day because thats just a lot of work)

OP: You can use the porosity control prior to doing the protein treatment; if you are like me and use the leave-in conditioner as well, you can use this after doing the deep moisturizing conditioning treatment.

I would recommend using a clarifying shampoo before treatment.

Keep a damp towel around, it stinks and is extremely runny.

Don't put a plastic cap over you head during the heat process

Last night I used the 2 minute keratin something from them. It's a good protein to keep you from overdoing it. I used it on dry hair diluted with water, washed my hair, put neutrogena tripple moisture, then I deep conditioned with heat. After I rinsed most of it out then put some leave in and hair butter in. My hair is great right now. It seems well balanced and it's strong and soft

The 2 min is the bomb! I used it this weekend and I could count on 2 hands the numbers of strands that fell. And this was with the comb :yep:

Maybe start off with the 2 Min. It's a good thing to try for scarebabies like me!!

I started using the 2 step in September, by december I was like what the *ell happen to my hair?????? Splits galore inner shaft splits. I was not sure what caused the problem
but I stopped using the 2 step.

ok i did the aphogee 2 step and deep conditioned over night with a mix of amla oil, jojoba oil, avacado oil, Joico moisture recovery deep con, creame of nature chamomile deep moisture con (not exact name but its amazing and has great slip!!!) and honey my hair felt like silk after!!

BUT!! still seeing breakage!?!?!!?!??!

not as much but i did the treatment right, what the heck is going on!??!?! am i lacking moisture!?

HELP PLEASE!!! :-(

I don't like aphogee 2 step I love DRC -28 then I use aphogee moisture DC works wonders!
I balance my protein and moisture by using a natural protein called jherri rhedding mixed with QH cholesterol and an oil weekly. I moisturize during the week and use a hard protein DRC -28 once a month.

My hair was very damaged when I started. The Aphogee 2 step will "help" reduce the breakage, but may not completely stop it. Your hair may be very damaged and need xtra TLC. Hair repair definitely takes more than one treatment. It's been 4 months fir me and I'm still improving my hair. It's a drastic difference from my picture below though.

Just make sure you keep it up. Deep condition your hair weekly and keep it moisturized! Continue takbg care of your hair and the breakage will improve!

so do you recomend i do weakly aphogee 2 mins recon till my hair improves?

I agree with what someone said above that your going to have to continue on a constant basis to take care of your hair to see improvement. The 2 step will help to reduce the breakage not always completely stopping and if you didn't need it in the first place it will cause the opposite, breakage protein overload :(.

I definitely clarify before adding, and my hair didn't need protein as of last week I did anywho and experience a little shedding I used moisture to combat that issue until it stopped.

I used Aphogee 2 minute every week last year and if I got 2 strands I was doing bad. Meaning it worked so well. My hair felt like butter using Aphogee 2 minute then Silk elements Megasilk for 1-2 hours under a conditioning mylar cap, excellent combo!

Try the 2 minute, but protein and moisture balance is important. Make sure Moisture is your problem before adding extra protein.

You may need multiple treatments...when I started my HHJ, I had severe breakage and I used the 2-step every 4 weeks until the breakage completely stopped...now I use it every 6-8 weeks for maintenance.

NOOOOO! If you do the Aphogee 2 step (not 2min) follow the instructions EXACTLY don't mess with your hair when its hard and be sure to use a moisturising DC after (for this I prefer Nexxus Humectin/tress). For the next 2 weeks or so use a more moisturising DC and NO protein Lustrasilk shea butter is a good one.

If you do even a mild protein treatment every week immediately after the 2 step treatment your hair WILL break.

That's what I do. Last time I did a treatment and I still had a lot of breakage so when I rinsed out the 2 step I did a quick co-wash and then I did the Nexxus emergencee treatment.

My hair felt better instantly and I didn't have hair in the comb or on my hands when I finger combed.

I agree with what someone said above that your going to have to continue on a constant basis to take care of your hair to see improvement. The 2 step will help to reduce the breakage not always completely stopping and if you didn't need it in the first place it will cause the opposite, breakage protein overload :(.

I definitely clarify before adding, and my hair didn't need protein as of last week I did anywho and experience a little shedding I used moisture to combat that issue until it stopped.

I used Aphogee 2 minute every week last year and if I got 2 strands I was doing bad. Meaning it worked so well. My hair felt like butter using Aphogee 2 minute then Silk elements Megasilk for 1-2 hours under a conditioning mylar cap, excellent combo!

Try the 2 minute, but protein and moisture balance is important. Make sure Moisture is your problem before adding extra protein.

Just to clarify use the 2 step every 4-6 weeks as instructed by the manufacter. I used aphogee 2 min then rinsed and used the SE MEga silk for 1-2 hours.

YOur breakage may not stop right away, continue to take care of it, low manipulation until it gets stronger.

NOOOOO! If you do the Aphogee 2 step (not 2min) follow the instructions EXACTLY don't mess with your hair when its hard and be sure to use a moisturising DC after (for this I prefer Nexxus Humectin/tress). For the next 2 weeks or so use a more moisturising DC and NO protein Lustrasilk shea butter is a good one.

If you do even a mild protein treatment every week immediately after the 2 step treatment your hair WILL break.

Oh no ok, i wont be doing that?!!?! i will do deep moisturising con instead, so what if i feel my hair needs protien what should i use? the 2 mins recon or a protien riched condish?!?!

Oh no ok, i wont be doing that?!!?! i will do deep moisturising con instead, so what if i feel my hair needs protien what should i use? the 2 mins recon or a protien riched condish?!?!

Aphogee 2 minute is really good! USe it weekly added to your regimen. I still follow mines up with moisture though.

You may need multiple treatments...when I started my HHJ, I had severe breakage and I used the 2-step every 4 weeks until the breakage completely stopped...now I use it every 6-8 weeks for maintenance.

:yep::yep::yep:
OP: We can all give you suggestions and share what has worked for us but this like everything else, will be something you will need to tweak for your personal hair. There are many of us who cannot tolerate protein at all. I was like the poster above. I started out using it bi-weekly until the breakage was under control. It took a month or two to see the desired results. Now I use protein every 6 to 8 weeks as a follow up. Pay attention to your hair after a few more times using the protein. If it has not improved, you may need a different type of protein or more moisture etc. Your hair will tell you what it needs. We just have to learn to listen. Co-signing with others...it is very vital that you use a good DC after any protein treatments and carefully follow the directions on the bottle. Let us know how things turn out in a couple of weeks.
HTH,
P1

According to the instructions, you are suppossed to be using the 2 min weekly in between the time you use the 2 Step. So yes.

Again, just after one use of the 2 min, I saw a difference in my hair and ends. Maybe it's that, maybe it's the S Curl Activator Moisturizer but it works.

Then I will work my way up to the 2 Step when I get a hood dryer.

i dont know anymore cuz i did my hair this morning usual bun, but different position, my hair is breaking bad ya'll, s im going to co wash tonight and do a deep intensive conitioning treatments, then on friday im going to do an oil pre poo treatment, then wash with mild k.i.s.s shampoo mix and another deep intensive conditioning treatment. i will do this again next week, if that does not work i dont know what to do!?!?!

i will also do the reconstructor on sat after my wash.

im feeling discouraged ya'll :-(

well its sort of getting better, but i realized protein was not what my hair needed its moisture and tlc, so i am looking into styles which will involve me not doing my hair daily.

thanks for asking!

xxx

well its sort of getting better, but i realized protein was not what my hair needed its moisture and tlc, so i am looking into styles which will involve me not doing my hair daily.

thanks for asking!

xxx

Maybe lack of moisture was the problem after all. I don't often hear naturals talk about severe breakage as you described so I'm glad you pinned down the issue. How were you styling your hair? I've found that I don't need to worry about breakage much as a result of lack of moisture if my hair is protected. For example I will wear plaits for weeks and I KNOW my hair is as dry as the desert. Since I'm not combing or manipulating it, it's not so bad. If you are going to style it, comb it etc. then yes, you need that elasticity.

Back