• Aphogee is where it's at

Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Either one is great...

Votes: 15 16.9%
  • Haven't tried.....

Votes: 18 20.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I had the Joico, but after 2 months it became very very liquid. ... I was thinking it went bad? Isn't it supposed to be creamy, thick? It was weird it changed like that. Anyone ever experience that?

Mine was like that when I bought it, but it still works great. The GVP K-pak is thicker though. I think that Joico is suppose to be like that.:ohwell:

I never use Joico, but the 2 min Aphogee, works really well. Yall not go bring out the PJ in me and buy this product. 2 Min Aphogee has my vote.

Joico K-Pak is stronger than Aphogee 2-min. I've used both and my hair can barely tolerate K-Pak but loves Aphogee. Each has its place in a regimen depending on the individual head.

I'm curious too. I did an aphogee 2 min. back in March. I was so nervous that I'd over do it that I think I rinsed too soon, I didn't get great results. My b/s did one for me and I loved the results, but I don't know what she used. I haven't done one since June it's well over due, but I'm afraid of doing it wrong. Which protien trmt. is easiest and best for someone like me?

Is there anything milder than aphogee 2 min or Joico k-pak? Every time I use it in my relaxer mid step (or any other time) it makes my hair too hard.

Is there anything milder than aphogee 2 min or Joico k-pak? Every time I use it in my relaxer mid step (or any other time) it makes my hair too hard.

Maybe you could try AO GPB. It has lighter proteins than Aphogee 2-min & it has good moisturizers.

After I use Aphogee or Joico I use a moisturizing leave in. Remember both are light proteins and your hair will not really feel soft afterwards because protein leaves hair little stiff but Joico the brand name is a very high end line and K-Pak surpasses the industry standards. Joico K-Pak I have used for five years and it is unbelievable. I just recently used Aphogee to change up just for a few weeks but will never stop using K-Pak.

I have never tried the Joico but I will stick with the Aphogee. It is, hands down, the best product in my stash. It makes my hair so crazy soft and strong. No complaints here. I use it every week. If it ain't broke...

I haven't used Apoghee for a long time, perhaps about three years ago. I really wasn't paying attention to balancing my moisture and protein. Today I went to the BSS to find the Treatment for Damaged hair and realized that the packaging was so different. I got the Two Step Protein Treatment with the Balancing Moisturizer. Hopefully it's as good as it used to be because my hair is tore up!

Aphogee rocks! It stopped my breakage in its tracks. It stinks sooo bad though.

you may be thinking of the 2-step treatment, not the 2 minute reconstructor, which smells like pineapples. unless you just don't like pineapples :lol:

Back