Aphogee 2 min and Aubrey's GPB

mkd

I like the 2 min aphogee and I was wondering if the GPB is as strong as the 2 min? Any reviews on how the two compare?

I like both. The GPB is much creamier in texture than the 2 Minute. But the 2 Minute smells much better and glide on my hair better. My guy friend said I smelled like trees when I had the GPB in my hair. I use the GPB as a protein DC and go under my hood dryer, whereas, I only keep the 2 Minute on for 5 minutes at the most before rinsing it out. I'd say that the GPB is stronger than the Apho 2 Minute but it's still mild enough to use weekly if you wanted to. Neither makes my hair stiff or hard.

Last edited:
My hair seems to like the Aubrey Organics GPB much better. Maybe it's some of the ingredients in the 2 min, but that just seemed to coat my hair after awhile and I started to experience more breakage. I use the GPB weekly and I've experienced no problems so far and my hair definitely feels stronger without feeling "rough" or dry.

I like the GPB better, definitely. Idk why, but in my experience, it just kind of seems that relaxed hair responds better to Aphogee products.

I like the GPB better....The aphogee 2 minute didn't really seem to do anything for me....I dont worry about the smell because Whole Foods carry GPB scented...

I have & like both of them. However, I notice slightly less breakage when I use Aphogee 2-min. I don't use the Aphogee 2-min every time I wash my hair b/c I'm not comfortable to being exposed to the petrolatum, mineral oil & silicone factor so often. I use the Aphogee 2-min before I get braids or before I flat-iron. All other times I use GPB.

I also get better results using both of them on dry hair as opposed to wet hair.

I haven't used Aphogee 2 Minute, and don't own any Aphogee products....But I absolutely adore the Aubrey Organics GPB! It's the best. One of my Favorite Balancing Conditioning Treatments.:love2:

I've tried with with Steam, with a Heat Cap, alone and IMO it always performs exceptionally.:yep:

The Aphogee 2 min has kind of a fruity/coconutty smell. It is great to mix with moisturizing conditioners to get a nice moisture/protein balance. The Aubrey GPB is great to use...it is a mild protein and once washed out, your hair feels moisturized (not even needing a moisturizing conditioner--but I always add one). Aubrey GPB seems to "correct" whatever is going wrong with your hair. It depends on my hair's need. Aphogee for a stronger protein tx and GPB when hair is acting "good" and I want it to stay that way.

Never tried Aphogee, the ingredients kept me away. But GPB is what's up! Very moisturizing and my hair usually hates protein! It immediately melted into my hair and made it so moisturized and soft. One of my favorite AO conditioners :love3:

The Aubrey GPB is great to use...it is a mild protein and once washed out, your hair feels moisturized (not even needing a moisturizing conditioner--but I always add one). Aubrey GPB seems to "correct" whatever is going wrong with your hair.

IA: GPB is The Truth!:yep:

I like both of them but use them differently - when I use the GPB, I use it as a DC on dry hair - I never use it after shampooing.

I use the Aphogee after shampooing. I personally think my hair has really thrived using the GPB on my hair dry versus wet...

Last edited:
I tried the GPB last night and I like it a lot. Aphogee makes my curls a lot more defined which is why I like it but the GPB seems to do the same thing and I am less worried about the ingredients or leaving it on too long since it can be used as a DC as well. I use both on dry hair.

Aubrey GBP is very moisturizing and a bit too mild. For me, it left my hair soft when I really needed the strength. I'm natural now and have used both, but I don't think its strong enough for relaxed hair. I also think combining Aubrey GBP with a moisturizing deep conditioner will leave relaxed hair extremely limp and mushy. I would probably recommend something stronger, such as the 2-min keratin. But, if you're the type that your hair hates protein, then I would recommend Aubrey GPB.

I love the smell of Aubrey GPB; very floral and sweet.

Has anyone tried the GBP shampoo? Any feedback?

Haven't tried the GPB 'Poo. The Only AO 'Poo I own actually is the Green Tea Clarifying Shampoo.:yep: Which, IMO is a Really Good Clarifying Shampoo. Not too Stripping and more Cleansing.

However, I haven't heard too many good reviews in other the AO Shampoo Lines.:nono:

Haven't tried the GPB 'Poo. The Only AO 'Poo I own actually is the Green Tea Clarifying Shampoo.:yep: Which, IMO is a Really Good Clarifying Shampoo. Not too Stripping and more Cleansing.

However, I haven't heard too many good reviews in other the AO Shampoo Lines.:nono:

Thanks. I just purchased AO HSR shampoo, but I may return it because I haven't read any good reviews on it.

My hair hates protein, especially hard ones. I think I'll keep using GBP for my protein/moisture balance because it's not too hard.

Has anyone tried the GBP shampoo? Any feedback?
Yodie, I use the AO GPB shampoo and conditioner together at least once a month when I feel my hair needs a protein treatment. I discovered that my results were better when I used both in combination. My hair seems to absorb whatever protein it needs from the shampoo, and the conditioner smooths out the cuticles. Both are great for bringing balance back to the hair. I have tried AO honeysuckle rose after reading all these great reviews last year, but it didn't seem to do much for my hair. I think you just have to experiment with the AO product line-they've got so many wonderful ones to meet your hair's specific needs.

Yodie, I use the AO GPB shampoo and conditioner together at least once a month when I feel my hair needs a protein treatment. I discovered that my results were better when I used both in combination. My hair seems to absorb whatever protein it needs from the shampoo, and the conditioner smooths out the cuticles. Both are great for bringing balance back to the hair. I have tried AO honeysuckle rose after reading all these great reviews last year, but it didn't seem to do much for my hair. I think you just have to experiment with the AO product line-they've got so many wonderful ones to meet your hair's specific needs.

Thank you. Did GPB make your strands thicker/healthier/stronger?

I prefer AO GPB. I use it weekly overnight on dry hair as a pre-poo. Yesterday, I mixed it with my leftover henna and left it in overnight...this is the prefect mix for my hair, once rinsed my hair was sooooooooooo smooth with no breakage. The only other protein I use is Nexxus Emergencee twice a month.

Which do you think is a stronger protein: GPB vs Aphogee 2 minute?

According to the ingredients, Aphogee 2-minute (because of the keratin and collagen). I don't really feel that one is necessarily stronger than the other for my hair. AO GPB leaves my hair uber soft, and Aphogee 2-minute leaves my hair.

According to the ingredients, Aphogee 2-minute (because of the keratin and collagen). I don't really feel that one is necessarily stronger than the other for my hair. AO GPB leaves my hair uber soft, and Aphogee 2-minute leaves my hair.

I don't understand what you mean. How does Aphogee 2-minute leave your hair?

Oh, I'm sorry! I forgot to finish my statement. AO GPB leaves my hair uber soft and Aphogee 2-minute leaves my hair just regular soft.

Do the natural ladies that use GPB do you follow up with a moisturizing DC? If so are you using the GPB on dry hair?

tia

I use GPB and I don't need to follow up with anything; it's perfect just the way it is.
I haven't tried it on dry hair yet, I might try it very soon though.
faithVA

faithVA - I also use the GPB alone without any follow up because my hair is always a perfect balance of protein and moisture. I always use it on wet hair.

Back