AO Honeysuckle Rose: Did I speak too soon?

Hmmm, sounds like you needed to clarify. Maybe if you add some baking soda it will cut it a little and cleanse your scalp.

I clarified my scalp with elucence volu/clari poo. It got my scalp clean, i did the scratch test with my finger nails and it was clean. Then i dc'd with the aubreys and rinsed it good. But then i had the white build up again, that's when i decided to stop using it. And i haven't experienced the build up since.

CurlyMoo: I would just purchase the Conditioner and Skip the 'Poo. The only AO 'Poo I have is the Green Tea Clarifying Shampoo. Others have not really liked the performance of AO Shampoos.:look:

I would get 2 (maybe 3) Conditioners The HSR, WC & the GPB.:yep:

Thank you Dare. I was using the J.A.Y. shampoo which did a great job of cleaning my hair although it left it tangled. I'm using Mega-Tek which needs clean hair for it to work at it's optimum. I was hoping that the Honeysuckle rose could both clean, detangle and moisturize. But it does have protein in it which I don't like. I think I will just go with the conditioner now that I think about the protein in the shampoo. Does the Green Tean clarifying shampoo have protein in it?

Personally, I’ve noticed that AO HSR seems to yield better results for me when I use it on dry hair (pre-poo).
Recently, I’ve started hair steaming and the consensus seems to be that steamers wash their hair first, condition and then steam which is the way I’m now incorporating AO HSR into my routine. I hope it yield’s the same results. I've also tried AO GPB didn't like it.

Thank you Dare. I'm using Mega-Tek which needs clean hair for it to work at it's optimum. Does the Green Tean clarifying shampoo have protein in it?

IA: I am using Mega-Tek as well, so it is essential to remove Buildup.

Lemme Grab a Bottle::look:

100% Natural Ingredients No Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Parabens or Petrochemicals

Deionized Water, Coconut Oil Corn Oil Soap, Organic Green Tea Extract, Organic Green Tea, Nettle, Natural Grain Alcohol, Organic Aloe Vera, Carrageenan, Organic Lemon Peel Oil, Almond Protein, Organic Blue Cammomile Oil, Aubrey's Preservative, Citrus Seed Extract, Vitamins A, C and E.

So just so I understand...has AO HSR been successful for dc purposes?? I just washed my hair...and I was going to use it to deep condition.

I never really cared for the AO HSR and GPB as after shampoo condishes...they seemed to weigh down my hair...NOW on the other hand - as DC on dry hair whether used separately or mixed together is the BOMBDIGGITY!!!! This is the only way I can use and it has been so beneficial!!!

So just so I understand...has AO HSR been successful for dc purposes?? I just washed my hair...and I was going to use it to deep condition.

I DC with it all the time. I've never added anything but Heat to it. It has performed superbly. The HSR, The WC, The GPB, The Island Naturals, The Aloe & Jojoba. They've all worked exceptionally well for me.:yep: I will admit WC and GPB are my actual "favorites"

I have used them with a Heat Cap, Steamer and alone w/o Heat. It is my "Staple" DC after a Henna Application to restore "Moisture"

The honeysuckle rose conditioner works sometimes on my hair, and sometimes not. The first usage for me last year was ok, but nothing to write home about. :look: I may have used it twice since then, but I'm not bragging about it! I think the effectiveness of it depends on what products you use, how much oil or other build-up might be on the hair. I won't give up on it yet, just try it occasionally with different shampoos to see what results I get.

I clarified my scalp with elucence volu/clari poo. It got my scalp clean, i did the scratch test with my finger nails and it was clean. Then i dc'd with the aubreys and rinsed it good. But then i had the white build up again, that's when i decided to stop using it. And i haven't experienced the build up since.
That's what happens to me when I use -cone conditioners, interesting

The bottle says
a) after shampooing, apply to damp hair and work through, concentrating on the ends. Leave on for 1 to 2 mins, then rinse
b) For deep conditioning: Apply to dry hair and distribute from scalp to ends. Leave on for 15 mins, then shampoo and condition as usual

Does the bolded mean that after the DC and the poo condition again for 1 to 2 mins with the same conditioner. Does anyone do that?

Lys

That's what happens to me when I use -cone conditioners, interesting

The bottle says
a) after shampooing, apply to damp hair and work through, concentrating on the ends. Leave on for 1 to 2 mins, then rinse
b) For deep conditioning: Apply to dry hair and distribute from scalp to ends. Leave on for 15 mins, then shampoo and condition as usual

Does the bolded mean that after the DC and the poo condition again for 1 to 2 mins with the same conditioner. Does anyone do that?

Lys

Yes that is what it means and I do it but I use Kenra MC as I don't really like using AO HSR after shampooing..tends to weigh my hair down...oh by the way...I use AO HSR on dry hair overnight then do the rest in the morning...

This stuff truly tore my hair up! I am 10 months into a transition so i said that I was going to revisit after I am totally natural. It just sat on top of my head and made it a hard, crunchy mess.

Heyyy I just tried AOHR this week. I used it like the bottle said - on dry hair. I mixed it with some coconut oil, haitian castor oil, and a bit of honey. The results were OK....my hair felt moisturized but not amazing. The thing is... a few weeks ago, I made a pre-poo consisting of Aussie Moist, avocado, honey, coconut oil, and drops of EVOO. My hair felt AMAZING. My hair was completely hydrated, felt incredibly strong and my hair was frizz-free. My hair was dangling....you know?

My secret ingredient? The avocados. I think it makes a huge difference. I'm not going to give up on AOHR just yet. When I use it this weekend, I'm going to leave in overnight, with an overripe avocado blended into it (along with drops of the other stuff). I think this will help up the ante a bit on the possibilities of AOHR.....

I DO NOT recommend AOHSR Shampoo. Hands down,t he WORST shampoo i've ever used.

I LOVE AOHSR condish though. i use it to prepoo, DC (with heat), etc. Just dont put it on your scalp! Conditioner isnt meant for your scalp anyway, so you will get buildup.

IA: I am using Mega-Tek as well, so it is essential to remove Buildup.

Lemme Grab a Bottle::look:

100% Natural Ingredients No Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Parabens or Petrochemicals

Deionized Water, Coconut Oil Corn Oil Soap, Organic Green Tea Extract, Organic Green Tea, Nettle, Natural Grain Alcohol, Organic Aloe Vera, Carrageenan, Organic Lemon Peel Oil, Almond Protein, Organic Blue Cammomile Oil, Aubrey's Preservative, Citrus Seed Extract, Vitamins A, C and E.

Thanks for posting these ingredients. I noticed that it has protein in it. Could be why some people experience hard hair. How does this work for your hair? Does it really moisturize your hair and leave it soft?

Thanks for posting these ingredients. I noticed that it has protein in it. Could be why some people experience hard hair. How does this work for your hair? Does it really moisturize your hair and leave it soft?

Personally, Honestly, I actually "Prefer" White Cameila to HSR.:look:

In my Opinion, you can make anything work better with Steam:lick:

I can't say anything bad about AO HSR because I was a Nexxus junkie before using it as well. The more I used AO products the better my hair got...stronger, softer, fuller, shinier. The same for when I was using my Nexxus products. I guess my hair goes thru stages and reacts to certain things. I used to love Infusium 23 leave-in. Then about a year went by, I used some on my hair and my hair started coming out in large patches of strands. I had used Infusium for at least 5 years. Then, all of a sudden it made my hair come out and left the rest hard and brittle. You couldn't pay me to try that leave-in nowadays. Maybe a similar thing happened to the OP with the AO.

AOHSR conditioner did nothing special for my hair. It did not feel softer or more moisturized than usual. My bottle has sat in the products graveyard for months now. I keep telling myself I will re-visit one day 'cos our hair can change and need different things over time.

Back