AO Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner

Starronda

At the start of BSL! Patiently waiting for full❤️
After all the wonderful reviews, I finally purchased AOHR from Vitamin Shoppe today. I will be cowashing with it on Monday. Has anyone ever used this as a leave in? If so, how was it? Thx

I like aohsr cond very much! I prefer gpb though but aohsr comes 2nd in the ao line. I use it as a leave in leaving some in before I rinse or I add a little water to it in an almost empty bottle and use that as a leave in...and it works GREAT! Very moisturizing!

I just used it for the first time yesterday and it makes an awesome DC! It left my hair so soft and gave me so much slip. I never thought to try it as a leave in....

I just used it for the first time yesterday and it makes an awesome DC! It left my hair so soft and gave me so much slip. I never thought to try it as a leave in....

I've also heard of it being a wonderful DC...I'll have to try that also. I'm going to try it as a leave in tonight and hopefully my hair likes it.:look:

I've also heard of it being a wonderful DC...I'll have to try that also. I'm going to try it as a leave in tonight and hopefully my hair likes it.:look:

Yep! Agreed! Excellent DC as well! I use it w/ heat for 15-20 mins then leave it on for an hour + extra and the slip and moisture are amazing! Just when you rinse it out just leave alittle in I think your hair will thank you! :)

I like it, don't love it. I am happy that I tried it though.
Since it's so thick, one would have to dilute it to use as a leave-in.

Let us know how it works for you.

yep:yep: all the time! It's good as a leave-in too... Leaves my hair soft... I usually use a pea size of both AOHSR and SheaMoisture and it's the perfect match.

This is a staple for me. My hair loves this as a DC. I just sit with it on my hair for an hour 30 min. and my hair is so moisturized with great slip. I haven't tried it any other way, but as a DC, it gets an A++!

I've used it as a pre-poo as well as a deep conditioner... My hair came out really soft too. I never tried it as a leave-in.

It is an excellent moisturizing conditioner but I personally wouldn't recommend it for your hair as a leave-in because it is too heavy. The only thing with that conditioner is that it has NO SLIP, so you have to mix it with some oils if you dc with it.

great product :up:

Yes, I have used it as a leave-in, just a small amount though like a nickel or quarter-sized squirt.

I Absolutely :love3:AO Conditioners. So far, White Cameila is my Fav! They all seem to be Incredibly Moisturizing and very, very Thick.

But I Haven't tried them as a Leave-In:scratchch Although they makes one Terrific Deep Conditioning Treatment with Heat!

I have, and still do because it smells so great. But it doesn't do wonders for my hair. As a matter of fact, if I use it straight up it makes my hair feel stiff for some reason. I have to dilute it heavily and use it in watery form or mixed with a lighter conditioner. It doesn't give me any slip, so I can't detangle with it. But today I just made a concoction using the HSR, Aloe vera juice (I boiled some aloe vera leaves in water), and honey and I'll be using that as a leave-in after I wash tomorrow. I sprayed a bit in my hair today, and it feels nice, but I'll know for sure tomorrow.

It is an excellent moisturizing conditioner but I personally wouldn't recommend it for your hair as a leave-in because it is too heavy. The only thing with that conditioner is that it has NO SLIP, so you have to mix it with some oils if you dc with it.

:lachen: NO SLIP WHATSOEVER! I tried co-washing with it one day and then tried to comb it :nono:. Let's just say it didn't turn out too well. It moisturizes hair all right as a leave-in, but my hair never feels silky smooth (due to the lack of slip).

To Angelicus: It smells BETTER than roses. To me, it's like heaven in a bottle. I use it priimarily for the smell.

This is my second day trying aohsr and all I can say is wowww! First night I used as a DC with EVOO and my hair was silky smooth. Second night I just cowashed with it, and I got the same results. I'll be using a small amount tonight as my leave in so I'll tell you the verdict on that tomorrow.

I have been using the AOHSR as a DC mixed with oils to thin it out and give it a little extra something. When I use it straight I'm not as excited with the results as if it is mixed. I don't remember if I had good slip with it or not. I needed way too much for a good Cowash. I did like the GPB as a Cowash.

I agree with all of this:yep:

BUMP!

I finally tried this conditioner. I was always scared to purchase this because I hate the smell of roses. I first tried it immediately after a relaxer and my hair hated it :wallbash and I wanted to throw the crap in the trash. It made my hair feel like nothing.

Today I tried it on my hair (two weeks post-relaxer) and it glided on my hair like butter. My hair felt moisturized as soon as I put it on. When I rinsed it out, my hair was detangled and soft. It was really easy for me to begin roller setting my hair after rinsing this conditioner out.

And the smell is lovely, nothing like roses. :yep: This is definitely going to be one of my staple conditioners, along with GPB. I love it very much.

Back