anyone wrap instead of roller set?

peacelove

I was wondering if anyone here wraps and goes under the dryer without rollers. I hate rollersetting my own hair and I am too sick to go out tomorrow to a salon. I know it is probably a lot harder to dry and wrapping all this hair wet is probably not that smart. I dunno. Just looking for a non-blow dry, non- roller set, non- wash and go, non- bun option. :lol:

I haven't wet wrapped in years. I still have nightmares from when I used to get wraps at the salon in high school. I would be under the dryer for hours! Are you sure you just don't want to rollerset? :lol:

Wet wrapping is certainly an option but you have a lot of hair and it may take a while to dry underneath the dryer unless you just have the time to burn.

Also, another thing to think about, if you are not almost freshly relaxed, the wrap won't be as smooth either. (the roots)

Since I'm borderline ADHD (:lol:, saying that cuz I can't stay still or pay attention like I should!), I can hardly even sit under the dryer to let my wrap OR rollerset dry... So I usually wet wrap it, sit under the dryer until most of the outside's dry, put my du-rag on, sit under the dryer for several more minutes, let the rest airdry, then flat-iron/curl roots or fluffly pieces as needed.

[SIZE=+1]I only know of one person on here who wet wraps faithfully and her hair is tailbone length. And that's Lala
I do know how you feel . Trying to do less heat as possible...also the easiest way can be frustrating. Sitting under that dryer is not easy.
[/SIZE]

Id much rather wet wrap than rollerset. Maybe you can put a few rollers in the top and wrap the rest. Also, hope ya feel better.:)

Puddles said:
[SIZE=+1]I only know of one person on here who wet wraps faithfully and her hair is tailbone length. And that's Lala
I do know how you feel . Trying to do less heat as possible...also the easiest way can be frustrating. Sitting under that dryer is not easy.
[/SIZE]

:eek: wow she wet wraps all that hair!!! I need to revisit her fotki asap!

I do wet wraps sometimes. It took a bit of practice and a realllllly good detangler because my hair is natural and WL. I do have some pics in my album under "Wavy/curly" where I wrapped my hair and put it in a bantu knot for waves. It came out good and it didn't take all that long to dry. Maybe an hour and a half.....no longer than my roller sets do. I wrote down everything I did in my fotki. HTH!

shunta said:
Id much rather wet wrap than rollerset. Maybe you can put a few rollers in the top and wrap the rest. Also, hope ya feel better.:)

awe, thanks! I feel a lot better today! :) I just went to the Dominican salon. So happy I did. In and out quick.

I think I will try a wet wrap when I feel daring.

Pokahontas said:
I do wet wraps sometimes. It took a bit of practice and a realllllly good detangler because my hair is natural and WL. I do have some pics in my album under "Wavy/curly" where I wrapped my hair and put it in a bantu knot for waves. It came out good and it didn't take all that long to dry. Maybe an hour and a half.....no longer than my roller sets do. I wrote down everything I did in my fotki. HTH!

thanks. I will take a look. :)

Back