Anyone with fine 4b hair use the maxiglide?

Mocha Princess

Hey girls. I'm eager to buy a flat iron and have read nothing but raving reviews of the maxiglide flat iron. The only problem is that I have fine 4b type hair that is texlaxed, and I'm wonderin if it would snatch all of my hair out.:( I'm so eager to try it because it seems like it would keep my hair moisturized and healthy, from what others have said, but I'm scared that it won't work for me. Also, can the steam burst still be used if you switch the plates to the smooth ones without the teeth? And, does it still straighten just as well without using the teeth? Please let me know, and if you know of any other flat irons that really help keep the hair moist and soft, please let me know. Have a blessed day. :)

Bumpin for responses!!

Hello:
To answer some of your questions:
You can use the steam with the flat plate installed.
When I use the maxiglide, I don't get the same results without the plate with the teeth because it doesn't seperate my hair properly.

I also have fine hair. My hair is natural. I don't use my maxiglide that often because it does rip hair out sometimes. You have to make sure that your hair is completely detangled prior to running your hair through. It works really fast though. It used to take me 3 hours to flat iron, but with the Maxiglide, I can be done in about 45 mins.

I would recommend it, but you have to make sure you follow the directions to the T! God Bless!! ~Sheryl

Mocha Princess said:
Hey girls. I'm eager to buy a flat iron and have read nothing but raving reviews of the maxiglide flat iron. The only problem is that I have fine 4b type hair that is texlaxed, and I'm wonderin if it would snatch all of my hair out.:(

Not if you dont squeeze the iron to tight while using it.

Also, can the steam burst still be used if you switch the plates to the smooth ones without the teeth? Yes

And, does it still straighten just as well without using the teeth?
Yes, I did mine without the teeth and it still did an awesome job on my hair.

Bumpin for responses!!

I do not have 4b thin. I have 3b/c Thick hair. Maybe other ladies with the type you are looking for will reply. HTH

Back