Anyone using Motions short hair texturizer

Afrodite

I am thing about using Motions short hair texturizer for my next touch up. I got a texturizer after being natural but it didn't come out as straight as I wanted it. The stylist used Motions lye but was hesitant to leave it in for more then a few minutes.

Thanks for your help.

I've never used it, but a friend of mine who has had a texturizer for something like 8 years used it the last time she retouched. Her stylist uses Motion lye relaxer to texturize, but she moved out of state, so my friend can only get a retouch when her stylist is in town. She went several months (8?) without a touchup, so she decided to do it herself using the motions texturizer. She was not unhappy with the results.

I used it on my sons hair, the results were ok. I used another texturizer on his head before (the name is escaping me at the moment)but I liked the way the old turned out better.
I used the regular motions oil lye relaxer on mine for about 5 minutes to texturize and I wasn't happy...I experienced tremendous shedding afterwards. I still looking for a good one.

Thank you for your responses.

The stylist I went to used motions lye for my texturizer but I want to do it myself because she it a hour away. I wanted to use the same products.

If you know a good relaxer for texturizing, please post it.
Thanks again.

Teenie, what is your hair type? Your hair is beautiful. How long did it take you to grow your hair? Do you go to the hair salon or do you self relax, cut and style your hair.

Curlycrly your texturizer looks amazing. I was happy with my texturizer when I left the salon but when I washed it, I noticed it wasn't even. I decide I could have did this myself. What texturizer do you use?

I plan on texturizering again around June 20. I read the forum daily to get tips on what I should do. I have created a step by step on texturizering and what products I want to use.

I am trying to start my photo gallery and as soon as I get a few pictures in it I will post the location.

teenie, your hair is very pretty.
smile.gif

Afrodite, Thank you. I use Revlon Realistic lye relaxer, the Mild formula, for a texturizer. It's a little frizzy in the picture because it's the day after I condition "washed" and I just spritzed it that morning to rejuvinate it after sleeping.

Back