Anyone using Cathy Howse method?

Mahalialee4

Is it working for you? I am using it and am happy with my results. I have natural hair, so mine is modified since the only heat I use on my hair is a heating cap. What improvements are you noticing? I am seeing thickness and length and the regular moisture and deep conditioning is really helping the texture and strength of my hair strands. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I use her conditioner (I mixed my own) every three days. My hair is definitely stronger than it was. I don't straighten my hair, so I don't use that part. I really like the conditioner though.

Hi Mahalialee4,

I'm using Cathy Howe's method and it is working well for me.
My hair is definately growing, it's so much healthier looking and shiny. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I ordered and just received the conditioner and dew spray today. I am excited about trying it!

I used to do the Cathy Howse conditioning every three days FAITHFULLY and I got great results. I mixed it myself and I loved it. My hair grew from shoulder length to shoulder blades in about 6 months, and that was without taking supplements (first four months or so). CH gives some very sound advise, and her conditioner made my hair very strong, while keeping it moist.

Tebby

I love CH advise. I have only been doing it for about 6 weeks and I see a difference already. I do plan to add more vitamins to my regime now that I have read some post here.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
What exactly does Cathy Howse recommend?

[/ QUOTE ]

She has a whole book describing her method. More info is avail at www.ubhpublications.com

I personally think she should market this as "The Howse Method" or something like that but that is just me /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Hi Vester and all,

I had seen the Cathy Howse site before and your comments prompted me to take a second look. I agree with a lot of her methodolgy behind caring for certain textured hair(people of color). I also agreed with her reasons behind her methods i.e our hair needs moisture because it is so dry and that the scalp should not be oiled or greased.
However, I do have some issues with her information and products. She states that hair does not have to be in a protective style as Wannekee suggests and that she wears her hair down all the time. First of all everything is about moderation and balance. Wannekee is too extreme about wearing protective styles simiarly HOwse goes overboard about wearing hair down everyday. Even women who have straight hair that do not have dry hair issues do not wear their hair down all the time.
Now here is when I might sound like I'm hating on Howse /images/graemlins/frown.gif.
The Howse products by looking at the ingredints are no major break through in hair care. I wanted to give her a play (you know support someone who had hair like mine) but based on her prices she is using her book that provides mostly sound advice to promote some overpriced poo and
conditioner /images/graemlins/mad.gif.
For example her conditioner has Lanolin in it! In my humble oppinion Lanolin is just as bad as mineral oil. Also, the conditoner has a lot of cones in it which is no big deal, I happen to like cones because of the slip factor. However,10.00$ friggin bucks for an 8oz bottle!
I looked at the Dew if you like it fine but how about this?
Try putting some infusium 23 for dry/unmanagable hair in a spray bottle, lightly mist your hair using her curling iron method /images/graemlins/smile.gif. I am willing to bet that this works just as good as her overpriced product(and you can still send your kids to college) /images/graemlins/wink.gif. I guess you can tell that I was pissed when I saw the prices of her products espessially when I saw that the ingredents were not all that. Black hair care is a BILLION dollar industry I hate it when these experts who have good advice try to Exploit us with these inflated prices for thier products. I don't like supporting big corperations I would rather support my own people. But they make it difficult for us when they prey on the fact that so many of us are just looking for the answer to strong hair. Well, we found it,most of the information she provided was helpful and the information of this forum is priceless. We have our own little product review and methods for hair care through trial and error; sharing our hairtypes and experiences to help the next sister.
If all the P.J's took just half of thier product money and banded together we would have enough money to market and produce our own products and we would'nt have to inflate the prices to rip people off. Well, that's all, I'm about to write a book up in here /images/graemlins/grin.gif!

Peace and Blessings!
Please tell me what you think

Vevster, what is your hair type? I've been contemplating buying something with very serious moisturizing power but heard that her dew isn't for coarse hair. Although my hair would be pretty coarse if I were natural, it's fine while relaxed with lots of movement. How do you like the dew and conditioner thus far?

Back