Anyone uses SHEA BUTTER (any form) for hair.....

Missi

Has anyone used shea butter for their hair. I was thinking what would happened if I used SHEA Oil as a oil treatment or mix it with water for a spray or unrefined moisturizer to make it creamy like hair lotion. If you use shea butter in anyway, can you please tell me ur secret?:)

Yes, I have melted some and added to my spray bottle mixture. Now I thought i could never put this stuff on my hair becuase it so thick like. P1 makes a butter with it that my hair just loves :love: I hope she see your title and pop in. I just love her shea butter mixture.

My hair LOVES unrefined shea butter. When I was natural it was the ONLY moisurizer I ever used. A little goes a long way and I only use it on damp or towel dried hair.

I use unrefined shea butter (i whip it) on damp hair (after i wash), and it makes my hair super-soft!!!

wow....i will try something new w/ shea butter. To me it reminded me of Ojon...how its unrefined and when you rub it between your hands it melts.....shea butter does the same thing and I hear its good for your hair too....so i assumed $50 for ojon or some good'O shea butter that probably has better benefits. I think I want to turn it into a spray too....oh I hope she (p1) sees this thread

Letitia said:
Yes, I have melted some and added to my spray bottle mixture. Now I thought i could never put this stuff on my hair becuase it so thick like. P1 makes a butter with it that my hair just loves :love: I hope she see your title and pop in. I just love her shea butter mixture.

do you have her user name or fotki

I mix a good lump of raw unrefined shea butter into a nearly empty emu oil bottle, that contains EVO, and raw hemp seed oil and an ounce of wildgrowth oil. Shake well. I put it on my sectioned hair prior to braiding my own hair without extensions, and also as a detangler after removing braids before the combout. Love it. It is quite thick and a little goes a long way. HTH. bonjour

Mahalialee4 said:
I mix a good lump of raw unrefined shea butter into a nearly empty emu oil bottle, that contains EVO, and raw hemp seed oil and an ounce of wildgrowth oil. Shake well. I put it on my sectioned hair prior to braiding my own hair without extensions, and also as a detangler after removing braids before the combout. Love it. It is quite thick and a little goes a long way. HTH. bonjour

thank you:)

Lotioncrafters has a water soluable shea butter oil that I just ordered. I am going to experiment making a pre-shampoo conditioner combining that and a few other ingredients I've read about since I joined.

I don't know if that's what you're looking for, but check out Lotioncrafters and see - don't forget to use the LHCF discount if you order.

I use shea butter everyday on my natural hair. I love it. I've also introduced my mom and sister to it and they all love it too. I put it on my ends everyday. I also use it to do my twists. I wouldn't suggest using it to press or otherwise heat the hair.

I used to use shea butter in my hair all the time! I used to doctor it up with Crisco, some peanut oil and some essential oil (EO).

at the beauty supply store where I work I just saw pure shea butter that was whipped with Essential oil... it had a creamier texture (because of the whipping) and it feels so good on my hair and feet. I had the lemongrass scent one recently and I am in love!

Shea oil is one of my staple oils...I add it to conditioner, use it to seal wet hair, add it to my leave-ins, I use it for about everything. Love it!

Hey there,

Out of lurk for a moment ;) Someone had to wake me up. LOL!!

You've gotten some excellent ideas already. I've got a big ole brick of shea butter that I've got lots of plans for...

Just like the butter we eat, it's great straight up or with as many fancy additions as you can stand.

If you heat it, try to do it slowly over a double boiler and you don't have to melt it all the way. Just soften it up enough to recieve whatever goodies you want to add to it: essential oils, other nourishing carrier oils, whatever.

A year or two ago, I'd would make this fab hair butter that was a combo of shea, cocoa butter, coconut milk, and a ton of essential oils. Don't even. LOL!! I'm old, I don't remember the measurements. The whole mass would expand overnight, I'd whip it again with a touch of honey and store it in the fridge. It was so darn good and I can't remember the recipe. Mind you, this is not the butter Letitia's talking about. :) That was yet another experiment.

Anyway, just have fun with the shea. It's one of my favorite things to work with. Let us know what you come up with. I have some pics of non-extension twists in my fotki. Those were done with a shea product I think, but not one of my concoctions. Straight up shea for twists is fine. Looking forward to seeing your results.

p1

Shea butter is the main ingredient in my Homemade Butter Blend.

I use pure (unrefined) Shea Butter (along with Mango Butter & coconut oil), melt everything down then whip it with water, aloe juice, veggie glycerine, or any type of humectant. :)

Sometimes after I've washed I use the 100% unrefined butter on wet, detangled hair just before I blowdry with cool air. My hair comes out so so soooooofffft,:eek: silky and very very manageable.

I Would definitley recommend Shea Butter if you want soft, moisturized hair.

I've used unrefined shea butter before and it was a bit too heavy for me so now I use it to pre-poo with. The night before I wash I slather shea butter on heavily and top with wgo then baggy. When I shampoo my hair the next day I get so much less breakage than normal. I'm happy with how good this is working.

WillyGWifey said:
Has anyone used shea butter for their hair. I was thinking what would happened if I used SHEA Oil as a oil treatment or mix it with water for a spray or unrefined moisturizer to make it creamy like hair lotion. If you use shea butter in anyway, can you please tell me ur secret?:)

I use shea butter in my pre poo treatment I melt it in my microwave and mix it with le kair cholesterol+beef narrow+ oils(carrot,coconut, olive,...)+ coconut milk+ amla+rose powder+avocado +eggs+....:spinning:

I use shealoe and mix it with a few drops of peppermint and rosemary EO. I love it because it leaves my hair very soft.

patient1 said:
Hey there,

Out of lurk for a moment ;) Someone had to wake me up. LOL!!

You've gotten some excellent ideas already. I've got a big ole brick of shea butter that I've got lots of plans for...

Just like the butter we eat, it's great straight up or with as many fancy additions as you can stand.

If you heat it, try to do it slowly over a double boiler and you don't have to melt it all the way. Just soften it up enough to recieve whatever goodies you want to add to it: essential oils, other nourishing carrier oils, whatever.

A year or two ago, I'd would make this fab hair butter that was a combo of shea, cocoa butter, coconut milk, and a ton of essential oils. Don't even. LOL!! I'm old, I don't remember the measurements. The whole mass would expand overnight, I'd whip it again with a touch of honey and store it in the fridge. It was so darn good and I can't remember the recipe. Mind you, this is not the butter Letitia's talking about. :) That was yet another experiment.

Anyway, just have fun with the shea. It's one of my favorite things to work with. Let us know what you come up with. I have some pics of non-extension twists in my fotki. Those were done with a shea product I think, but not one of my concoctions. Straight up shea for twists is fine. Looking forward to seeing your results.

p1

thank you....I was thinkin on the lines of gettin my shea creamy: i automatically thought of milk and shea butter....then i thought, actual milk...but Coconut milk....yeah! thank you again P1

Back