anyone use the aubrey organics shampoo

blah54

just wondering because i am about to purchase a conditioner at vitacost.com but not sure if i should spend the few bucks on the shampoo as well. Does it work great together when you have the conditioner just curious?? how are the shampoos any recommendations??

* I know there have been lots of threads on AO lol but none on the shampoos just the conditioners. oh i have 4b hair

I've tried the Honey suckle rose shampoo as I had won it in a competition.
When I use it my hair doesn't feel clean enough. I would never purchase it and I actually still trying to finish it.

I had/have the AO Green Tea Clarifying Shampoo. (My 1 & only AO 'Poo).

I am using it to clean my Scarfs & Wig Du-rags.

I used one of the Aubrey shampoos years ago and it left my hair feeling like I had applied sap from a tree on it. :barf: I then read that some natural shampoos use some plant in lieu of the cleansers found in SLS shampoos that may leave hair feeling like that. This was years ago and I don't remember the details and didn't memorize that info coz I wasn't going to be needing it since I didn't think I'd ever care to use natural shampoos again. (I don't get that coated feeling with other "natural" shampoos like Giovanni 50:50). After that one experieince with Aubrey Shampoos, I haven't been interested to try any others from the Aubrey line to see if they are different. I'm happy with the shampoos I use both non-SLS and SLS kind so no need to shop at Aubrey for shampoos.

so i guess thats a no no lol

blah54

For me, it was an extremely harsh, extremely drying Clarifying Shampoo.

There are alot better ones out there.:yep:

It was just sitting there (taking up space) so I started washing out my Scarves/Du-rags to get use it up. i.e. get rid of it.

i have the white camelia shampoo that i won from curlynikki...its aight...i heard that they were drying so i prepoo'd and buffered with conditioner...its really watery...it didnt strip/dry out my hair, but i wouldnt buy it, esp for the price...i like the conditioners though.

I literally JUST washed my hair...again with the Honeysuckle Rose shampoo and i absolutely love it! My hair feels soft and clean:yep:...i was kinda hesitant to buy it too bc of the reviews on their shampoos...but its one of those products where you really have to try it for yourself:yep: I find it to be really nice tho..it's my new favorite shampoo.:yep:

I literally JUST washed my hair...again with the Honeysuckle Rose shampoo and i absolutely love it! My hair feels soft and clean:yep:...i was kinda hesitant to buy it too bc of the reviews on their shampoos...but its one of those products where you really have to try it for yourself:yep: I find it to be really nice tho..it's my new favorite shampoo.:yep:

I think i might just buy one and see how that goes...:yawn: I love the giovanni shampoos so maybe i will mix them with that

I tried the HSR and Green Tea poo and like IDareT'sHair, I found another use for the HSR but the Green Tea I finished because she blessed me with it. It did it's job of clarifying but like most of the ladies indicated - I will not be repurchasing it.

I think that Elucence Shampoos are the bombshell of natural poos though. All of them! None of them stripped my hair. I do use and love Keracare no-sulfate poos now so I'm sticking with those.

Back