Anyone use steam caps to deep co? Look at these!

Innocent_Kiss

I was doing some research on steap caps. My skin loves steam so I decided to try to find a steap cap that'll allow me to deep condition. All the ones I've came across are farely expensive.

The Microwavable Heat Cap is the best one I've found..so far, but it's 49.95 with 4.95 s/h. It also gave me the idea of using steam caps to style my hair. You can learn more info on its web page.

Any of you currently using a steam cap? What type? How much did it cost?

i don't have a steam cap but i have a sit under steamer. my mum bought it about 5 years ago. it was roughly $200. i love using it for deep conditioning treatments

Dang $200?!?!
and I was trippin off the 49.95
But I guess you get what you pay for..if it held up for 5 years, It was worth it.

You're welcome blackhair!

Getting steam treatments in a salon run about $40 and up so if you get it done 5 times or more, you may as well buy your own hair steamer since it would pay for itself.

I plan to buy one waaaay in the future when I have $200+ to throw around.

Yeah, that is true. It's defintely worth making an investment in. I was looking for other ways to eliminate using the flat iron other than the ceramic flat iron because I suck at rollersetting. So, The Microwavable Heat Cap seems like my best bet. Oh, Boadicea, I'm loving that bun! Cute!!

Thank you.
smile.gif

I've heard of people wrapping hot towels around their head after putting a shower cap over the deep conditioner. I wonder how closely it simulates steam treatments.

It doesn't look big enough to fit anything but small rollers under it. All of the rollers in their example page are small. If you need larger rollers, that's something to consider. It says small and medium, but their "medium" looks rather small to me.

[ QUOTE ]
Enchantmt said:
What is the difference in using a steam cap vs an electric heat cap?

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on the info from the site given by Innocent Kiss:

[ QUOTE ]
The all natural dry filling that is quilted between the inner two layers of fabric naturally absorb moisture from the air (This is very simular to the way that dry rice is used to absorb excess moisture in salt shakers in many resturants. When the Heat Cap is warmed in a microwave oven, a small amount of trapped moisture is released, creating a warm, slightly steamy atmosphere inside the Heat Cap.

[/ QUOTE ]

With my limited understanding on regular steamer, the thought is that the "Warm Moisture" helps the conditioner to penetrate deeper into the hair shaft than on average.

An electric heat cap doesn't generate steam from within the cap mechanism.

I wonder if this Heat Cap is used along with the hair being covered with a plastic cap? If it does I don't think
confused.gif
it would work as well as a hair steamer.

If any ladies who have used a regular Hair Steamer try this or are presently using this product please share your review. If this works like a regular steamer, I want to buy it.
smile.gif

So, I know this is super-old, but did anyone who has ever tried a hair steamer, also tried the heat cap? Just wondering about the comparison.

I use something like that which is my mothers, it has 3 settings High, Medium, Low and then the off switch. I use this when I deep condition.

I want to know how good are these for deep condition verus steamers?

Back