Anyone use gel on your hair daily

meverllyn1

Can I use aloe vera gel from fruit of the earth on my hair daily? I wear a phony tail as a protective hair style, but in order to get my natural 4a hair to lay down I have to use gel? I don't want to get dry, hard hair from using it too much.

*raising my hand*.....yep I use gel DAILY, either aloe vera gel or Fantasia IC Thick & Shine mixed curl activator gel or (lately) just the curl activator gel....but I also cw daily with VO5 lime & kiwi clarifying conditioner to remove buildup and keep my hair feeling soft to the touch. I also "finger comb" it's been working out quite nicely for me. :yep:

When I was bunning as a protective style, I use the dreaded brown protein gel everyday with no problem. It had a firm hold, but didn't flake or dry my hair out. The only real problem I had was my henna didn't take where ever the gel touched.

I use gel everyday, I don't think it's had any adverse affects on my hair....and I will continue to use it, cause my hair aint nuffin' without it :D

Thanks so much;). Do aloe vera gel leave a buildup? If it do, how often should i clarify? Do I need to mix it with anything?

meverllyn1 said:
Thanks so much;). Do aloe vera gel leave a buildup? If it do, how often should i clarify? Do I need to mix it with anything?

I would recommend that you clarify or at least wash your hair more often.

Aloe Vera Gel, Fantasia, and Queen Helen Gel (the pink kind) are good gels to use in my opinion. You can get a big jar of Queen Helen Gel for like $2.99 and it does not flake up either.JMO:)

I'm a daily gel user myself. My hair gets the fuzzies without it.
I also clarify, too by using apple cider vinegar and hot water.

I use Fantasia IC Gel w/ Sparklites (the blue one) just about everyday on my hair since I'm always wearing buns. It dosen't flake, and I wash my hair about twice a week when bunning.

Back