Anyone use Elucence No-lye?

peacelove

My stylist used Elucence sensitive scalp on me last touch up because I had been scratching a lot and she wanted to be safe. I have not had a no lye in ages. I was worried because I always found them drying, but my hair has done well since the relaxer and feels pretty good. And I did not burn one bit. I am wondering if I should stay with this. A part of me feels like I like the result of the elucence no lye better. Bu I am SO Scared of the dry hair that I have had in the past with no lyes.:ohwell:

I have never used elucence but I do Phyto and what I notice is that overtime, the no lye relaxer will become drying to the hair - more than the lye. However, if you moisturize 2X per day, I don't think it will be that unbearable.

By the way, have you used elucence lye relaxer before? If so, do you like the result? Does it burn the scalp quickly? I am satisfied with my phyto relaxer but I want to compare with elucence lye but scared of getting relaxer burn.

peacelove said:
My stylist used Elucence sensitive scalp on me last touch up because I had been scratching a lot and she wanted to be safe. I have not had a no lye in ages. I was worried because I always found them drying, but my hair has done well since the relaxer and feels pretty good. And I did not burn one bit. I am wondering if I should stay with this. A part of me feels like I like the result of the elucence no lye better. Bu I am SO Scared of the dry hair that I have had in the past with no lyes.:ohwell:

I used Elucence for the first time last touch up. I had been using the Affirm no-lye for a while (didn't realize it at first - but that's a whole new thread) and the E. did not burn me at all, plus my roots felt really conditioned and silky. Very gentle.

My problem,however, is that it's really hard to determine how a relaxer is affecting my hair until it's too late. I can never tell what's really going on in the first 6 weeks.

I've been using Eluc. Sen. Scalp since January 06. I love this perm and will continute to use. I've used Phyto in the past, i did like the results but for some reason it burned my scalp each time i used it. Eluc. dosen't burn and my hair always has a silky feel to it. HTH.

Stupid me - I forgot I started this thread! I have used Elucence lye twice so far. My stylist switched me interestingly enough because she said Affirm was to strong for my hair and Elucence would be better. I am OK with it, but it is not blowing my mind. I had small burning both times with the lye, but that is because I scratched like a maniac and did not tell her (dumb me). It was towards the nape area, so now I just make sure I protect that area better. But I did not feel like it was as mild as I thought it would be. The no lye did not burn me one lick.

I would stick with what you have. If you don't want too much straightening, Designer Touch is really good IMO. My stylist also uses that, but my hair just did not seem to get straight enough with it. It is more of a texturizing relaxer -at least that is what they call it. But it does not burn at all. Vitale is the same way.

ivanay said:
I have never used elucence but I do Phyto and what I notice is that overtime, the no lye relaxer will become drying to the hair - more than the lye. However, if you moisturize 2X per day, I don't think it will be that unbearable.

By the way, have you used elucence lye relaxer before? If so, do you like the result? Does it burn the scalp quickly? I am satisfied with my phyto relaxer but I want to compare with elucence lye but scared of getting relaxer burn.

Back