Anyone use dry shampoo?

I ask because I went to Sephora today and got Oscar Blandi Pronto dry shampoo for 8 dollars ( the powder form). I accidentally used it wrong and ended up with my hair all dull and white where I applied it. Im timid to try it again but it definitely left a nice lemon scent and absorbed any oil that was there.

UPDATE: I tried it again and it seems to work nicely. I washed my hair on Thursday evening and its now early Sunday so I had a little oil accumulation and this seemed to absorb nicely and freshen my scalp. I also like that it contains Triclosan ( antibacterial , I believe but i dont think its too great for the hair lol) and tea tree oil but you cant smell it. I give it an B+ so far and Ill report back after I get to maybe the 6th day of unwashed hair because Im normally looking like a grease ball by day 5 or so...

Okay, oddly enough on the Sephora and Amazon website, it advertises that the product does NOT contain Triclosan:ohwell: yet, my bottle which looks exactly the same does list Triclosan as an ingredient.. go figure

Last edited:
Post an update in a couple of days. I have thought about purchasing some for my mother who recently had surgery and I would like to use it in her hair. Does it have any drying ingredients?

Post an update in a couple of days. I have thought about purchasing some for my mother who recently had surgery and I would like to use it in her hair. Does it have any drying ingredients?
The ingredients are: Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Kaolin, Silica, Acrylates Copolymer, Tapioca Starch, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Beta Glucan, Avena Sativa (Oat) Bran Extract, Rice Amino Acids, Magnesium Carbonate, Hectorite, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Oil. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide.

I dont see anything drying except perhaps the Triclosan which is in mine but not on that list. The very idea of a dry shampoo is to dry out the oil so I might not recommend it for someone with dry scalp issues, Im thinking it might exacerbate them..

Been considering purchasing a dry 'poo 'cos I work out 5 days a week but wash just once a week. I have been gently rinsing in between but I am looking for a way of simplifying things further. I am worried dry 'poos may cause dryness though. Also I have heard they can leave a powdery residue.

Back