Anyone Try Devacurl Heaven In Hair?

They use it as a styler to style my hair at devachan salon. I personally am not a fan of it used that way. My hair doesnt do well absorbing product so it sat on top leaving an ashy cast and some flaking. However it works great as a styler for my coworker who has a totally different hair texture and porosity than me (3c high porosity). As an actual treatment, it was pretty uneventful for my hair as well, I didn't really notice any benefit or effect on my hair.

Last edited:
They used to use this in my hair as a styler at Devachan and I liked it, no problems. I used it at home as a styler for years, then I just....stopped.

It was one of my favorites and I don't have a lot. Most deep conditioners don't do anything for my hair but this one actually softened it. I stopped using it just because it is pricey. I use Naturelle Grow's Herbal Blends now which I think works just as well and is a better value.

If someone gave me a jar though I wouldn't be mad.

The used it on me when I went to Devachan, but because they used spray gel, my hair was hard and I couldn't evaluate.

@faithVA i love Naturelle grow's products.

The used it on me when I went to Devachan, but because they used spray gel, my hair was hard and I couldn't evaluate.
Same here. The spray gel and their version of pomade left my hair feeling :nono:. But I love heaven in hair. It is the only deep conditioner my hair likes, and I've tried quite a few. My hair always feel great afterwards. I always rinse it out though, but I've heard others say they use a small amount as a leave in.

Same here. The spray gel and their version of pomade left my hair feeling :nono:. But I love heaven in hair. It is the only deep conditioner my hair likes, and I've tried quite a few. My hair always feel great afterwards. I always rinse it out though, but I've heard others say they use a small amount as a leave in.
I rinse out my deeps too. I may give it a go. I can always return it.

hmm, What else does your hair like? I may need to follow you :yep:

Timely thread. I just bought some yesterday. The stylist suggested leaving it in overnight. He said it should make my hair softer.

hmm, What else does your hair like? I may need to follow you :yep:
:blush:
For pre-pooing: tresemme naturals (discontinued); Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle (not left on too long)
Cleansing: sodium bentonite clay mixed w/AVJ or coconut water; Cush Cosmetics mango shampoo bar (must DC afterwards); DIY soap nut shampoo (must DC afterwards); DevaCurl No-Poo regular and decadence
DC: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair (sometimes I mix w/coconut milk and black strap molasses)
Conditioning: (warmed) DevaCurl One Condition regular and decadence, but I only buy decadence now
Leave-In: (warmed) Kinky Curly Knot Today (sometimes mixed w/a little AVJ or coconut water) smoothed thru strands as opposed to raked
Styler/Sealer: Kinky Curly Curling Custard; DIY flax seed gel, DevaCurl styling cream (though rarely used) or their light defining gel smoothed thru strands as opposed to raked

If you know someone w/a cosmetology license or works at a spa, they can probably get you DevaCurl products for half-price at CosmoProf. That's why I'm always stocked. I get the liters for only 20 bucks.

:blush:
For pre-pooing: tresemme naturals (discontinued); Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle (not left on too long)
Cleansing: sodium bentonite clay mixed w/AVJ or coconut water; Cush Cosmetics mango shampoo bar (must DC afterwards); DIY soap nut shampoo (must DC afterwards); DevaCurl No-Poo regular and decadence
DC: DevaCurl Heaven In Hair (sometimes I mix w/coconut milk and black strap molasses)
Conditioning: (warmed) DevaCurl One Condition regular and decadence, but I only buy decadence now
Leave-In: (warmed) Kinky Curly Knot Today (sometimes mixed w/a little AVJ or coconut water) smoothed thru strands as opposed to raked
Styler/Sealer: Kinky Curly Curling Custard; DIY flax seed gel, DevaCurl styling cream (though rarely used) or their light defining gel smoothed thru strands as opposed to raked

If you know someone w/a cosmetology license or works at a spa, they can probably get you DevaCurl products for half-price at CosmoProf. That's why I'm always stocked. I get the liters for only 20 bucks.
Thanks for sharing. Not a lot of surprises. Many of those I have used and enjoyed.

Thanks for the tip. I so rarely use deep conditioner or conditioners now that this 1 jar of Naturelle Grow is going to last me for a while.

I'm going to keep an eye on you and your regimen though :yep:

Thanks for sharing. Not a lot of surprises. Many of those I have used and enjoyed.

Thanks for the tip. I so rarely use deep conditioner or conditioners now that this 1 jar of Naturelle Grow is going to last me for a while.

I'm going to keep an eye on you and your regimen though :yep:
I try to keep it simple. Haven't tried anything new since Decadence when it came out (last summer?). I will check out Naturelle Grow, though. I'd like to have a 2nd or 3rd choice for DCing.

Back