Anyone tried the Gold Label Keracare 1st lather Shampoo?

mg1979

My Walmart just started carrying Keracare and they have some of the gold label products. Has anyone tried the gold label, sulfate-free 1st Lather Shampoo?

Yes. I use it just about every week, followed by the sulfate-free Hydrating, Detangling shampoo. 1st Lather isn't drying, but I concentrate it on my scalp, then do a more thorough shampoo with the detangling one. Together, they give great slip. I usually follow by DCing with Humecto, using KeraCare's foam wrap lotion, and doing a rollerset.

Sometimes, I follow with Dry & Itchy scalp, but that shampoo is not sulfate-free so I rarely use it.

Yes. I use it just about every week, followed by the sulfate-free Hydrating, Detangling shampoo. 1st Lather isn't drying, but I concentrate it on my scalp, then do a more thorough shampoo with the detangling one. Together, they give great slip. I usually follow by DCing with Humecto, using KeraCare's foam wrap lotion, and doing a rollerset.

Sometimes, I follow with Dry & Itchy scalp, but that shampoo is not sulfate-free so I rarely use it.

My regimen is the exact above except I use keracare leave in conditioner instead of the foam wrap.

The gold bottle 1st lather seems better to me than the old version..seems like the old version left a film on my hair. Its not stripping, but makes my hair feel clean. My hair feels wonderful especially after following up with hydrating detangling poo.

My regimen is the exact above except I use keracare leave in conditioner instead of the foam wrap.

The gold bottle 1st lather seems better to me than the old version..seems like the old version left a film on my hair. Its not stripping, but makes my hair feel clean. My hair feels wonderful especially after following up with hydrating detangling poo.

I completely agree. I've been using it for the last two months and I like it.

I completely agree. I've been using it for the last two months and I like it.

So is it necessary to use both the 1st Lather Poo and the Hydrating Detangling Poo?

Last edited:

I've been too cheap to buy the leave-in, but I might pick it up this week.

Are these shampoos effective at getting rid of build up from cones?

They are, in my experience. They clean just as well as the sulfate versions, they are just less drying. My hair feels clean and soft when I use the combo together.

So isn't necessary to use both the 1st Lather Poo and the Hydrating Detangling Poo?

You know, I'm not sure....I only use them together! I would like to try using only one because I was reading about the Cathy Howse method and she says only shampoo once, but my hair doesn't feel clean enough with one lather of sulfate-free shampoos.

When I use the dry an itchy scalp poo, I only lather once & I use it alone.

Update: I've been alternating between washing with the 1st Lather Poo and the Hydrating Detangling Poo, and I really like them both. Neither seem to dry out my hair, but I thing the Hydrating Detangling Poo is milder. I don't use them consecutively like the bottles say, I just don't see the point.

Back