Anyone Stretching for the winter?

longhairlover

I'm stretching for the winter, I normally do this but i haven't been into my hair like normal.

the longest i had stretched in the past was almost a year like 11mths or something, don't remember why i decided to relax.

any one you on here stretching til spring or whenever it gets real hot again?

for the summer my hair has to be real straight i don't handle heat to well and i don't need any thick roots messing with my cooling system.:sad:

Well I just got a touch-up on November 1, and I just started Mega-tek so I don't know, but I want to. I don't want another touch-up until early Feb. but with this Mega-tek I may need one in early Jan. :grin:

r u noticing any growth with the mega tek, i'm still a bit stand offish from using it, even with the great reviews.

I figure winter for me is the best time to stretch because i don't care if my hair is thicker because it's cold and i won't be overheating.

I stretch for 6-months at a time, so I will relax in January and not again until July.

I am. I actually am partnering up with a friend of mine at school. She wants to transition but I am still on the fence so I will stretch atleast 5 months with her.

Well I guess I am.. but im at the point of general confusion I want to transition but I dont think I have the will or determenation yet. So currently i'll be stretching and hopefully I dont wimp out and go in relax sooner than I intend too. Wish me luck!

r u noticing any growth with the mega tek, i'm still a bit stand offish from using it, even with the great reviews.

I figure winter for me is the best time to stretch because i don't care if my hair is thicker because it's cold and i won't be overheating.

Well I just started the MT this past Thursday and so far I notice I have some waves in the back of my head! :grin: I just changed up my applying of it to mixing it with a little bit of water, and using peppermint and rosemary oils. It felt so good when I put it on about 2 hours ago. I think I will stick to using it every 3 to 4 days on my scalp only, and use it on my lenght only once a month as a pre-poo. I really don't want to add another pill to my vitamin collection but if I get too much shedding I will be adding garlic pills. Wish me luck!

I know I will, I have decided to stretch my relaxer for 6 months (Feb.09) or ideally if I can make it for beginning of April 09 would be ideal. Come on let's do this.

I know I will, I have decided to stretch my relaxer for 6 months (Feb.09) or ideally if I can make it for beginning of April 09 would be ideal. Come on let's do this.

april sounds like a good deadline. I haven't stretched like this for a few years, the last time i did it was in 2004 i think i got my hair to bra strap but then went to a stylist that wasn't my mom and he chopped my hair off!!!!!!

we can do this, i know we can.

hmmm is it the rebuilder one? i think i am now finally going to try it.

Well I just started the MT this past Thursday and so far I notice I have some waves in the back of my head! :grin: I just changed up my applying of it to mixing it with a little bit of water, and using peppermint and rosemary oils. It felt so good when I put it on about 2 hours ago. I think I will stick to using it every 3 to 4 days on my scalp only, and use it on my lenght only once a month as a pre-poo. I really don't want to add another pill to my vitamin collection but if I get too much shedding I will be adding garlic pills. Wish me luck!

Well I guess I am.. but im at the point of general confusion I want to transition but I dont think I have the will or determenation yet. So currently i'll be stretching and hopefully I dont wimp out and go in relax sooner than I intend too. Wish me luck!

you can do it, personally i like to do the stretches in the winter and months before it gets warm, i don't like having really thick hair in the summer i prefer it to be really straight so my scalp can breathe.

so don't wimp out, winter is easiest because of the temps so your hair should maintain it's style unless you work out a lot.

I'm stretching until the end of March next year. My last relaxer was three weeks ago and the one before that was the end of December, 2007.

I'm attempting to do a Sylver2 and stretch for a year, I believe my hair is over processed and I don't want to do nothing to it but keep it conditioned. I got frantic when I saw some substantial growth and did a self-relaxer and now I'm nervous.

Hi LHL,
I am! I'm doing so using braids. I may decide to get a sew in well see.
I had my last relaxer in May/08 and do not plan to do anything until May/09. In May I will decide if I want to transition to natural or texlax.

I just relaxed yesterday; I went 4 months this time, so I'd like to see if I can make it 6 months. I didn't experience any breakage, so I guess I'm doing okay....

Yes, 12-2-08 I will do my LAST Relaxer of this year. I did only 4 relaxers this year. This winter I will go for 16 weeks with out a relaxer. I am seriously considering relaxing every 26 weeks/ 6 months =)

Hi LHL,
I am! I'm doing so using braids. I may decide to get a sew in well see.
I had my last relaxer in May/08 and do not plan to do anything until May/09. In May I will decide if I want to transition to natural or texlax.

oh wow you already got a good head start I think my last relaxer was in ....August.

lemme see when i had stretched for almost a year I got so much growth it made no sense, i really didn't need a perm because I was still in nyc and i would just get wash and sets and blow outs, even the chick that was doing my hair said i didn't need to perm. it was a very successful stretch, i had used all sorts of straightening creams fructise sleek line was my staple, but made me itch lol!

used bead heads straightening balm very good with a blow dryer, salerm brushing spray my staple for stretching. my thing is i still want my hair to look like it's freshly permed but without the perm.

i do half cheat, i always relax my edges, I don't want a coarse thick whatever you may call it kitchen, relaxing the edges and getting my roots straight give the appearance of a perm, so i guess for those stretching months i front a bit lol!!!!

i don't like thick edges, it's not cheating i swear lol!!!

forgot with that long stretch i did yrs ago i also for one month did cornrows and oiled my scalp with wild hair growth once i did that my hair went nuts with growth, it was growing good before but with the cornrows at the end it really helped.

aww and then you can have sexy light weight hair for your anniversary. stretched hair feels so heavy, when you finally perm it feels so light lol!

Yes, I'll stretch for the Winter.:grin: Actually I'm in the process of doing it now. I'm 12 weeks post and don't intend to relax until March or April. My goal is to at least stretch for 6 months. Last year I stretched for a year and it went well. I just don't like the tangles!!!:wallbash: I'm going to try Cowboy Magic.

I am relaxing in 2 weeks after a 3month stretch. I will probably get a sewin for xmas/new years and another for valentines day... I don't plan on relaxing until march. (another 3 onths)

I'm thinking of stretching until Feb. for Valentine's Day. I want to see a lot of growth the next time I relax, and then I can stretch again until summer and cut down to 4 times per year- each season. It might be too difficult, but I'm going to try.

I am!!!! My last relaxer was Sept 6 and I dont plan on getting another relaxer until Nov. next year. I am in braids and will be doing the C&G method until Thanksgiving 09. I am not sure if I will go natural but I know I want my hair to get thicker and stretching is the way to go. I know this is well beyond 1 yr but think I can do it. On the hunt for healthy, thick and blunt APL for Dec. 09 (first goal)

As a newbie, this will be my first stretch. My last relaxer was 9/20. So far so good. I think I can make it to 6 months.

I will only be doing a 12 week stretch...I have to take baby steps:ohwell: . Jan 30th will be my finish line but I will see how things are looking as I get closer and maybe I can go for a 16wk stretch.

Back