Anyone still using vatika oil?

sensi sweetie

I just ran out of virgin coconut oil and was wondering if i should try this next?

coconut oil lovers; do you prefer plain coconut oil or the vatika? :poke:

I love Vatika Oil, if I dont have some at hand I use Parachute brand Coconut oil which seems very similar even though it doesnt contain a herbal infusion

I have a bottle and my hair LOVES Vatika Oil.....its just i hate doing the work of running it under hot water to melt it everytime i wanna use it...i wish it came in a jar..........whoa i just got an idea!!!:think:

I recently purchased Vatika, though I still have my regular coconut oil. The fact that Vatika congeals at room temperature doesn't really bug me, and I like the lemony, slightly nutty smell. It also has quite a few plant extracts in it, so I'm leaning towards it more :twocents: My hair seems to respond really well to it too.

i use Vatika coconut oil every single day!! i use it daily to seal my moisturizer in. I reserve my pure ExtraVirgincoconutoil to mix into my conditioners and my shea butter. But for daily sealing, I use Vatika exclusively!! :yep: When I buy my bottle I emptly it all into a color-mix squeeze bottle. When it get solid in winter, I simply scoop out what I need. The minute I put it into my hands it melts like butter.

i dont like the way vatika oil smells....but it makes my hair sooooo soft....i would repurchase....i think its cheaper on amazon per bottle for a 4 pk...but i paid like 6 or 7 at my local indian grocery store

I am still using and loving Vatika oil. This is my main oil to seal the ends of my bun with. I also put mine in a color application bottle. I like the smell of vatika much better than amla and it gives me more shine than regular coconut oil,which seems to weigh my hair down if I apply too much . I use the regular parachute coconut oil as a prep-oo or very sparingly to flat-iron with.

I prefer coconut oil without anything else in it. My hair is light in colour already and Vatika makes it even lighter with the henna & other herbs in it. Other than that Vatika is GREAT stuff!

I LOVE Vatika Oil, I have been using it for years and my hair responds better to it that regular virgin coconut oil. Plus I buy it locally so its a lot cheaper than Spectrum was for me. Amazon.com usually has some kind of deal going, ebay always has tons of people selling it for less as well.

I LOVE VATIKA!!!! :love:

I use it interchangeably with regular coconut oil-- but I like the extra herbaly-ness of Vatika.:lol: Vatika also feels a bit smoother going on and seems easier to spread.

Dabur also has a pure coconut oil that I liked (Dabur Anmol), but I haven't been able to find it. I ordered some the other day and they emailed me back talkin' about we can replace it with Parachute which I also have and am trying to use up. I told them to just send 3 Vatika's instead. :lol: Parachute is "aight" but that little squeeze hole doesn't cut it when you are working with a solid oil!

I love Vatika oil, it leaves my hair so so soft. I ran out awhile ago and decided to mix a bootleg version of coconut oil and amla oil.

Still using Vatika oil faithfully especially when my hair is weaved up I use it, braid spray/infusium and mtg oil.

I prefer coconut oil without anything else in it. My hair is light in colour already and Vatika makes it even lighter with the henna & other herbs in it. Other than that Vatika is GREAT stuff!

that kinda sucks :( i was hoping if anything it would stain my hair a little darker with all its henna and amla and what not.
I wonder if everyone experiences lightening with vatika?

I dont like the smell but I keep several bottles on hand at all times cause it makes my hair soooo soft and silky!!! Just gotta use it when I'm not sleeping next to the SO cause the scent is NOT sexy!

I hated the smell of Vatika oil and threw the bottle out after two weeks. I prefer pure, unrefined coconut oil or Vatika Frosting. Prepooing with Vatika Frosting right now.

that kinda sucks :( i was hoping if anything it would stain my hair a little darker with all its henna and amla and what not.
I wonder if everyone experiences lightening with vatika?

My hair is naturally light and when I used Vatika as a "leave-on" oil, it ever so slighty darkened my hair. Once I switched to using it for just pre-poo's or oil rinses, the color deposit stopped.

I love vatika! I just got my JBCO in the mail & I can't wait to mixt
the two! :)

girl you gonna mix that stuff and use it together?! your head is going to smell like ten types of special. want to hire me to walk behind you with a fan? *giggles* or are you going to use it like a pre-poo?

I love that stuff! I use it as a pre-treatment scalp massage oil. I also use it daily. I like the smell.

OT: Everyone's hair has gotten so much longer since the last time I was here.

I dont like the smell but I keep several bottles on hand at all times cause it makes my hair soooo soft and silky!!! Just gotta use it when I'm not sleeping next to the SO cause the scent is NOT sexy!

That scent is like bacon grease and pan sausage to me! My s/o was teasing me w/ biscuit sandwich references. I admit I was hungry for some country breakfast food after 15 minutes of smelling it! SMH

Back