ANYONE STILL USE SURGE???

MissFallon

I saw it (finally) in a BSS and remember ppl raving about it back in Jan/Feb. Does anyone still use Surge products? Which products do you use, and what results have you had?

I just purchased my Surge 14 spray last week, been using daily for 8 days and all I know is it works great as a detangler. I use it after i condition my hair and before I use my moisturizer and oil. I hope to see some type of results with length but if not I'll add it to my MTG when it finally comes in the mail.

i still have my surge bottle but i definately won't buy it again...the 14 plus that is (i think that's what it's called). it didn't help with growth in my opinion...actually, i'm not sure it did ANYTHING.....at least for me.

i combined the rest of what was left with some humecto, water, some other conditioner and have been using it to moisturize my hair when doing twist outs, and it's working nicely...so i guess the rest of it was good for something!

I am still a Surger. For me it intensifies the growth I get with MTG. It also helps moisturize my hair. I use it daily. When I was relaxed, these two products helped my hair to grow really fast. They will be part of my hair staples for a long time.

I love Surge products. I even like their shampoo. Their oil is GREAT and it my favorite hair oil.....but PittGirl has been hurting in the wallet lately and I haven't bought any. I will get some soon though because they have it up the street at the BS next to Kroger.....I will use it while I am abroad. then when I finally return to Pittsburgh, I will try to use up my MTG before buying anymore growth products.

MissFallon said:
What are the (good) ingredients in Surge 14?

Well, I suppose the good ingredients would be Biotin, and the Protein which is suppose to stimulate hair growth. It also has an ingredient, muccopolysaccharides, which also promotes hair growth. This is in the Plus 14 which says in 14 days you should notice a difference in your hair. My 14 days will be up on the 17th so the verdict is still out for me.

I stopped using surge 14. It worked for me but I couldn't take the product buildup on my hair. I was spraying twice a day at first and then I cut down to one - I was trying to follow the directions on the bottle - but the buildup was still there. I think I should have been washing more frequently but I just don't have the time. The product buildup added to my wash time because I wanted it off my hair, so I shampooed more times, very tiring.

I also didn't like it when I added it to MTG. MTG alone doesn't produce any buildup on my hair and I only need to use it once to twice a week.

DDtexlaxd said:
I am still a Surger. For me it intensifies the growth I get with MTG. It also helps moisturize my hair. I use it daily. When I was relaxed, these two products helped my hair to grow really fast. They will be part of my hair staples for a long time.

Hmm, maybe for it to work we should try it with MTG b/c I definitely did not see an increase in growth just using it by itself:D

MissFallon said:
Does anyone still use Surge products? Which products do you use, and what results have you had?

Yes, I still use Surge. I mix Surge and MTG with some essential oils to help with the smell. I've had decent results. I mean I'm not getting 3 inches per month but my hair has grown tremendously. Plus, I am transitioning so my hair is so much softer from using MTG.

I was using it when I was stretching my perm before LHCF but I stopped. I have to remove it from my Fotki too! My neck was chemically burned from using it. I had to go to the dematologist and everything. I was scared but it went away in about a week. Works but make sure you dont spray so much that it drips like I did.... :(

I think I liked it. I ran out last month and will definately buy it again. I liked the ingredients and loved using it on wet hair for detangling. I also mixed it with my MTG so I know it'll stay a staple. Reminds me to go pick some up today...

Back